Interchange

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bkalafut

Interchange

Post by bkalafut »

I just this week got a steal on a '00 Daewoo Nubira on eBay and will be picking it up on Saturday.

I'm led to believe that this uses a lot of standard GM parts and in case anything goes out I'd like to save a bit of money by getting as little as possible through a Daewoo dealership.

The Holden D-Tec 2.0 engine is a bit of an oddity, at least here in the US; what's more common is the L61 or "Ecotec 2.2" which is supposedly built on the same platform. Do most L61 parts (such as the thermostat, oil pump, water pump, etc) interchange with the Holden D-Tec on the Daewoo? If my alternator was to die, would I be able to bolt on an alternator from a Cavalier or Grand Am?

Are there any other areas of the Daewoo that you know of that interchange with any other cars, GM or not?

Also, on a slightly different note, has anyone had any luck fitting an AEM cold air intake from a different vehicle to a Nubira? If so, which? And is anyone out there selling headers? (Too bad I can't read Korean!)

Thanks,
Ben Kalafut
Mario

Post by Mario »

Holden D-TEC 2.0L is now used in the Suzuki Forenza/Reno in US. Way more things in common than the GM Ecotec.

In fact, think of the Suzuki Forenza as the Generation III of the Nubira.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

The north american ecotec has nothing in common with GMDaewoo engines
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Interchange

Post by PrecisionBoost »

bkalafut wrote:I'm led to believe that this uses a lot of standard GM parts and in case anything goes out I'd like to save a bit of money by getting as little as possible through a Daewoo dealership.
Tom from 360Dynamics (see his section on this forum) purchases parts driectly from Korea so his parts will be cheaper than the Dealership most of the time.
bkalafut wrote: The Holden D-Tec 2.0 engine is a bit of an oddity, at least here in the US; what's more common is the L61 or "Ecotec 2.2" which is supposedly built on the same platform.
The L61 is a completely different engine.... people get confused because of the fact that the European iron block ECOTEC engine are another name for the Holden D-TEC 2.0L

The European Aluminum ECOTEC is also different than the L61 you would find in a Sunfire.

So all told there are three different ECOTEC engines..... the ones you need to look at are the ones with an iron block.
bkalafut wrote: Are there any other areas of the Daewoo that you know of that interchange with any other cars, GM or not?
You can find a 2.2L Daewoo/Holden engine in an Isuzu sport utility.

The parts from Korea are reasonably priced.... so there isn't much aftermarket "jobber" parts.

For example.... one of my customers backed into my Optra 5 (suzuki Reno) and the cost of a new "retail" price from the dealership was $30 less than the wholesale "jobber" replacement.

The dealership guy said that most of the other body shops (non-dealer) won't be able to compete with the dealership due to parts cost.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos