performance questions

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

HMMM... that makes it a rather practical tool... are the power gains that noticable?? in other words does the added power justify the added fuel consumption at racing mode??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mmamdouh wrote:HMMM... that makes it a rather practical tool... are the power gains that noticable?? in other words does the added power justify the added fuel consumption at racing mode??

MMamdouh
If your drag racing it doesnt matter much in my opinion. If your doing road courses for say..only a 30 min race.. you dont want terrible gas milege.. less gas the less weight. with about a hour and a half on a road course i used just over a half tank usually.. on hot days. So even then its not a big deal
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:HMMM... that makes it a rather practical tool... are the power gains that noticable?? in other words does the added power justify the added fuel consumption at racing mode??

MMamdouh
The power gains are noticable. It's nothing major, but for 10 bucks shipped, it's well worth it.
derost

Post by derost »

I havent personally seen one of these, but if you are concerned about fuel economy, then why not wire it up to a switch? Flip the switch when you want to pass, or are at the track, turn it off when you go for groceries with the wife and kids. :P
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the choco chip hooks up into the AIT sensor. its a resistor not anything that needs to be plugged to a hot wire. its really easy to remove though so no real problem there.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

AcingTeam wrote:go to www.daewootech.net and buy the chip. It is specifically designed for a Lanos (not leganza or nubira, or any other cars). So it will not mess up your engine. Your car will definately be faster.
I don't want to be a dick but removing your IAT and putting in a resistor could be dangerous. ( I'm assuming this is the "chip" your talking about)

Your car will think it's -20 degrees out all the time.... denser air requires more fuel.... so the "chip" simply makes your car run rich which isn't necissarily the path to more power.

Do you have dyno proof of power gains with this "chip"

I just get annoyed with the whole resistor to replace the IAT sensor thing.

There are much easier and safer methods of changing your air fuel ratio.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
zerosilence
Super

?

Post by zerosilence »

well the thing that i heard about was called a chocolate chip from daewootech.net. so asuming its not worth the money? so u think i shouldnt bother with it. some people off this site recomended it. and dont worry your not being a dick. i just like hearing feed back about this kinda stuff im just not familior with daewoo stuff and thats why i ask these ? . so tell me when im starting to get anoying. thank you. josh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i concur with Erfinder... i hate things that fools the ECU in the hunt of more power, also their is no dyno charts to prove that but feedback from people i trust is as solid as a dyno chart... at least for me.

i also know Chris - daewootech.net - owner and i am sure he won't be selling crap to rip your money off, so basicly i am sure the thing does work and make the car faster... the point is "how does it do that?" and that is what i don't like about it.

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I like it...

I've had it for over a year and no problems.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AcingTeam wrote:I like it...

thats what i call "feedback from people i trust"... you got it from www.daewootech.net , right?

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:I like it...

thats what i call "feedback from people i trust"... you got it from www.daewootech.net , right?

MMamdouh
Yes, got it from Chris.

The thing seriously works and is designed only for a Lanos (not these cheap universal chips they sell on eBay that is pure crap).
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

Do they supply these chips made for Nexia's? I was about to get one the other day until i read this. I don't want a universal one.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i suppose it works for all Woos... you can ask Chris to be 100% sure, send him an e mail at chris@daewootech.net

MMamdouh
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

hey you can connect your chip in parallel with the sensor & control it by mean of switches . it is simple & it will provid you a ( sport mode ) button in your control panel
is it a great idea?!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i was thinking of that too... a sport mod where the chip is engaged and a normal mode where the sensor is engaged so you can control your performance and fuel consumption.

MMamdouh