Saying good bye

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

www.forenzamotorsports.co

Saying good bye

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

I really wanted to continue the efforts on the Forenza projects but due to many service calls due to a.... faulty therm stat/coolant leak/warped head=5 weeks no Forenza. Also in time the rest of the intakes will be on Ebay for those looking. Also months of wasted time trying to get people to commit to shipping body kits was a headache. Good luck with your projects...as I traded the car weeks ago for a 06 5spd Scion TC. You can see it on this link. Not the fastest car as 0-60 is like base 7.2 but I like the style.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2087543

Scott
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

At least the Tc is pretty

Is that really the 0-60 time?!
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
DArkstalker
Super

Post by DArkstalker »

that sounds about right its quarter is around a high to mid 15.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Not the fastest car?? Definately faster than Forenza (no offense to anyone). Hope you have fun with it! :)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:Not the fastest car?? Definately faster than Forenza (no offense to anyone). Hope you have fun with it! :)
Not mine.. ive beaten several TCs :D
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

kinkyllama wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:Not the fastest car?? Definately faster than Forenza (no offense to anyone). Hope you have fun with it! :)
I'm talking stock vs. stock. Tc will definately out perform the forenza.

kinkyllama wrote:

Kinky no offense as I know you have many friends here but if you beat a tc with a Forenza the other driver must have been a tard. Pulleys, filters turbonators & straight pipes would not even do it on a Forenza. These TC's (not the greatest I will add) but have 163 foot pounds of torque @ 4000 and EXCELLENT gearing and accelerates very well. 0-100 mph in the time it takes a Forenza to hit 60. Maybe the person you raced was afraid of getting a ticket or had been drinking:)

FYI the ratios

1st 3.538
2nd 2.045
3rd 1.333
4th 0.972
5th 0.775
Reverse 3.583
Final Drive 4.235
Last edited by www.forenzamotorsports.co on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

TC's are good but there not that great. all it has is a carolla motor in it. I had a guy racing me, but he didn't beat me by much. really wasn't impressed. Heck for the 22,000 you spent you could have bought a SRT-4, or even a couple more k a cobalt SS
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!

I never implied a Tc was great or the best but come on a Corolla has a 1.8 L not a 2.4 so you have no clue of what your talking about, and I bought the car for longevity, trade in/re-sale value, fuel economy, style and good power. My wife drives a Neon and no matter how fast I do not want one just because its fast...it is still a neon & I have no interest in a pos Chevy Cav. oh I mean Colbalt. You could turbocharge a Metro and it does not mean I would want one.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Ive raced several tcs and beat them all so far. Ive also raced a few mazda 3s with the bigger engine and barley one.. i believe they have 160ish hp.

the tc isnt 22k though is it?!

and i agree about the SRT-4.. although its a very good car for the price.. i think it looks like crap.. and like forenzamotorsports said, its still a neon.

I do kinda like the cobalts look.. but know nothing about the car itself.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

The TC is definately not 22k. Also, TC replaced Toyota Celica as far as I know so I doubt about the Corolla engine. TC's are really good cars, 2 of my friends have them and they're quick. On the highway, some guy smoked me, when I was at about 110mph and was accelerating very slowly, the guy pulled away quite fast. They are good looking cars. My own opinion though, I'd rather get a WRX (perhaps used) for the same price.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote: My own opinion though, I'd rather get a WRX (perhaps used) for the same price.
Blah.. i dont like the STIs look and dont care for the WRX
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
tango

Post by tango »

Yo Forenza...sorry to hear about your situation with the Forenza. But this brings home what I have been saying since my turbo project. Modifying our cars is not a walk in the park. My personal advice to all who approach this is to leave them alone. Accept that you've bought a budget car and you'll be happy. A lot of people buy Daewoos cheap looking for a sleeper build. Doesn't work that way. Most of the people who are big in the Honda or Subaru, or other tuner industries spend hundreds of thousands of dollars breaking engines and making the right adjustments until perfection is achieved. I'm yet to see that level of money or commitment. It's not your fault, but it just brings home the reality that it's not an easy road out there. We appreciate the work you've been trying to do, and accept that you have to draw the line at some point. Good going bro.
Cogito ergo sum...

Thanks Tango..well said. On the WRX note..I did look at a fully loaded STI it was close to 35,000. Also on the opposite note I test drove the electric Toyota Prius @ 60 mpg....very tempting!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

why didn't you get a corolla xrs like i did!?!?!?!

it would SMOKE a tc... or a woo...

and yes, the corolla engine is in the tc (not my corolla though)