Intake Air Sensor

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Intake Air Sensor

Post by exist3nce »

Hi, I have a 2004 Optra and i'm making an intake for it because i can't find any aftermarket ones. I have a question, i tried running the engine for a little bit with the air sensor unplugged just to see if it would run. To my surprise, it worked perfectly. As i expected the check engine light came on. I have since plugged the sensor back in, but the light is still on. I was wondering how long the light will stay on until it realizes that everything is OK now? The whole thing took place this afternoon ...... its been plugged back in now for about 3hrs.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

reset the ecu, just disconnect the battery and let it sit for a bit. i dunno the suzuki idle learn procedure, but worse comes to worse, you can drive it for a few days before it re-learns everything, no harm done either way...

or i guess you could go to autozone or advance or something and get them to clear the code...

good luck on the intake
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

you have to reset your ecm. disconnect your neg cable on your battery then turn someting in the on position to draw and voltage left wait 5 mins then reconnect. never run that without the IAT. that helps control fuel and timing, could mess something up.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Thanks for the responses, I think I will just wait and let it reset itself. I have some pics if anyone wants to see the results, but i'm not sure how to post them here.
tango

Post by tango »

Posting pics is pretty easy and lotsa fun when you first figure out how to do it. Okay okay, I'm STILL facinated by it now, even after YEARS of doing it! Sounds like sex huh? Anyway...here goes...

The first thing you need to do is identify a good host site. This board doesn't facilitate uploads to it so an external upload host is required. I say go to TinyPic because it's free and quick, and their URLs aren't a page wide (hence the TINY in the name). I always like to open a second window or tab for this purpose. That way I can juggle back and forth.

The next thing you want to do is upload the pic to the host site. When that's done copy the url of the pic you uploaded and paste it in the message box here on the board. The BBCode for posting pics is Image.%20This%20you%20need%20to%20insert%20at%20the%20BEGINNING%20of%20the%20pic's%20url%20EXACTLY%20as%20I've%20typed%20it.%20Then%20skip%20to%20the%20end%20of%20the%20pic's%20url%20and%20type%20[/img] EXACTLY like that. Then click on PREVIEW to check that the pic has come up. Give it a minute or so to load before you panic. If it doesn't come up recheck. Here's an example of how the code should look:

Click above to see what that actual image should look like. Any problems feel free to ask. Good luck.
Cogito ergo sum...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

or you can just copy and paste the URL then select it and press "Img" from the tools above the message box... still seems much easyer to me.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

thanks for the info, i still have to connect the pcv tube to the intake so that i don't get any tickets for EPA violations. I will post some pics after that is done :D