Looking for 1.6lts Lanos engine...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

titon

Looking for 1.6lts Lanos engine...

Post by titon »

People, I have a Lanos of the '99 4 doors with 1.5lts engine. I want to mount him a 1.6lts engine DOHC Standar (2002/2003).. If someone knows about one in Puerto Rico, leave me to know.. 8)
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

simple answer, sell the current car, and spend the money you would on the engine, on buy a better car, with the 1.6 lump already in it.

they might be the same cars, but youll probably need to change the mounts, brakes, ecu and wiring, gearbox and clutch. it really isnt worth it...surely. specially for such little gains in comparrison. either sell that car, and buy the 1.6., or just get a better car. unless you can get the parts cheap, its surely not worth doing...

ps, can someone show me the spec of a 1.5??? in uk theres only 1.4 8v, and the 1.6 16v twin cam.
for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the 1.5 engine is practically a stroaked 1.4 engine so it has different crank shaft and connecting rods... other than that it is the same engine.

you are right about the swap... if you got a 1.6 with its tranny then you will need engine mounts, ECU, 13" rotors and calipers for the front and different master cylinder... i guess the piping for the A/C and power steering are different too.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267