Head porting and polishing and new cam questions??!?!?!?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SoulReaver

Head porting and polishing and new cam questions??!?!?!?

Post by SoulReaver »

i was just wondering if its possible to get a more aggressive cam profile for my daewoo cielo 1.5 SOHC??? or would i need to get some kind of aftermarket ECU?? also, will the stock ECU handle porting and polishing of the head?? Has anyone done any of this?? did you notice a power increase??
43som

Post by 43som »

Mr woo here in australia, greg, ported polished and cammed his 1.5 woo.
his gains were not worth the 3-4 grand he paid, turboing would be a better option.
the computer could keep up, but positive gains woluld be had with a computer change as well. greddy emange would take care of this.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i heard that porting and polishing gains you as much power as removing any extra crap out of your trunk so it is not worth the money spent.

indeed i am talking about doing the porting job on a woo, i am sure on a high performace engine the results are much better and noticable.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Port & Polish works the best in conjuction with other mods. If you have some sort of header, exhaust, intake, ported head will give you about 8-15 bhp increase...add an adjustable cam gear, and you are probably looking at another 2-3 bhp.

Tom