timing belt

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

or perhaps they over torqued the camshaft bracket causing excess friction at that location...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Lostinconformiti

Post by Lostinconformiti »

i believe it was either broken due to 1 of 3 things. over torquing of the camshaft brackets. removing of the camshaft gear with a compressed air drill to replace the cam sensor. or it was previously almost broken but the tightening of the camshaft brackets finished it off. beucase when be bought the car it had 65,000 miles on it and they said the timing belt was brand new.
soon to have my daewoo back on the road.
Lostinconformiti

Post by Lostinconformiti »

i think i acctually found the problem after closer examination. first i realized the cam shaft is broken in 2 places so it look like this -|-|--|- |--|- |--|-| so thats kinda what the 3 peices look like. so i was then looking and realized that the oil plug is touch part of the cam shaft causing that part of the camshaft to be slightly raised. so obviously the was the oil plug that caused this problem. now i just have to wait for my uncle to locate another camshaft so we can fix my leganza.
soon to have my daewoo back on the road.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Lostinconformiti wrote:i think i acctually found the problem after closer examination. first i realized the cam shaft is broken in 2 places so it look like this -|-|--|- |--|- |--|-| so thats kinda what the 3 peices look like. so i was then looking and realized that the oil plug is touch part of the cam shaft causing that part of the camshaft to be slightly raised. so obviously the was the oil plug that caused this problem. now i just have to wait for my uncle to locate another camshaft so we can fix my leganza.
Nothing like learning the hard way... believe me I know.
Too bad ya didn't have a Lanos, I have 2 spare engines laying around.
Good luck gettin' her put back together
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanos rider

Post by lanos rider »

anyways u will need to change the shaft some how ... but i think what caused the problem at the first place is that the timing belt was on a bad timing to that caused the shaft braking ... anyways good luck with it...