Forenza Exhaust Optra Exhaust Info UPDATED

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

www.forenzamotorsports.co

Forenza Exhaust Optra Exhaust Info UPDATED

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

Everyone has different taste. Some people like 2.5" some 2", others like polished and others do not care. In the group buy forum there is a new 2.0 EXHAUST THREAD WITH PRICES about who may be interested in general but in this thread I want information on what you have on your car that a local shop has done and what you like and do not like about it. Also your total cost from ordering mufflers/shipping ..what type of muffler it is, mandrel or crinkle, pipe size/material and what you ended up having in it when it was ALL SAID AND DONE (also let us know if you did the labor) Here is a pic of what I am leaning towards for at least myself. It would be a full cat back so the other pipe is not shown. Also there did not seem to be a big price difference in the numbers between 2 to 2.5" sizes so I had leaned towards 2.25".

GROUP BUY THREAD:
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3519

Scott[/url]
Last edited by www.forenzamotorsports.co on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
woo
Expert

Re: Forenza Exhaust Optra Exhaust Opinions

Post by woo »

i have a 2L leganza. I got a 2' system with lukey mufflers put on for $280. It squash bent cause mandrel bent is a bit pricey. I was going to go 2.25 but the exhaust guys son has a 2L nubira and found that he had problems with the 2.25'. The only other problem i am aware of with big exhausts on small DOHC motors is that they go all raspy. There is one solution to the note problem that i want to try when i get the cash, and that is to run a 2' pipe into a 2.5' pipe increaser anto a 2.5' bullet (i think thats a lukey too) then to go a 2' pipe to the end.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."

I sell those Pioneer 6x9's at my CC store. They sound like 10" subs in the board. :) Anyway..thankyou and those are the type responses I am looking forward to.

Scott
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

those 6x9s are the reason i run no subs
330w carbon kevlar

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I have a 2.5inch cat-back... crinkle bent. Some no name muffler.. id probably be just as good off without one.. it doesnt seam to have anything to reduce noise. Cost me only $180 for the whole thing. Its really loud though... over the few miles its quited down and got deeper though.

I have no complaints about it being to big.. In a few months im having the exhaust redo again (3rd time) and this time im going with mandrel bent.. and im not going w/ a muffler just a res. and the exhaust will stop before the back axel
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

kinkyllama wrote: im not going w/ a muffler just a res. and the exhaust will stop before the back axel
respect :D , i sometimes drive with just a resonator with it dumping over the axle, its loud. Anyways, i paid $280 australian, not US$
330w carbon kevlar

I had noticed no one had mentioned interest in a bolt on mandrel bent system for their Optra or Forenza on my group buy thread. All we need is about 3-5 people or so to get this thing going. Come on! :wink:

Scott
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Have you tried suzuki forums yet?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I manufactured a 2.5" mandel bent stainless cat back exhaust for myself and I have a Magnaflow stainless muffler on the end.

It fit just fine as there is piles of room under the Optra.

I will say that it is fairly loud.... at first I had a flowmaster muffler on the car and it was so loud it made my ears go funny. ( felt disorientated )

The last time I had that sensation was when I pushed 144db at a local stereo competition.

The Magnaflow muffler was more money but it's way quieter and it has less restriction than the Flowmaster.

Needless to say it's still very raspy at certain RPM so I'd suggest smaller piping such as 2" for Naturally aspirated vehicles.

The only reason I went with 2.5" was due to the fact that I will be installing a turbo system very soon ( If Fed-Ex ever finds my turbo :evil: )

I don't have a resonator either.... the current system is probably 30lbs to 40lbs lighter than the stock system as the stock muffler and resonator are very heavy.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos