N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanos2001 wrote:is that before the fines or after? :lol:
nick
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kinkyllama wrote:Or tell use what engine you have?
He has a 1.6l.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:
He has a 1.6l.
Yeah but would that make it the lanos engine?

It could be a optra engine still as they have a 1.8 version of the 2.0 that seams to be putting out the same #s
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

lanos2001 wrote:that is still pretty high still for the muffler. is that before the fines or after? :lol: well as for the CAI since you have the 1.6l i'm guessing its the same set-up as the lanos. if it is then the CAI that acingteam got should work on your car too. at least if the hole in the fender is in the same spot.

nick
it is supposed to be street legal....non-street legal ones will set u back with a fine of S$500!!!

if we are drawing air from same spot, what diff does it make?
Optra (A) 1.6
= Regrettably Stock =
except for:
> a miserable JVC MP3 Headunit
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

godzilla wrote:
lanos2001 wrote:that is still pretty high still for the muffler. is that before the fines or after? :lol: well as for the CAI since you have the 1.6l i'm guessing its the same set-up as the lanos. if it is then the CAI that acingteam got should work on your car too. at least if the hole in the fender is in the same spot.

nick

if we are drawing air from same spot, what diff does it make?
Straight through design, less restrictive, more power.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

Straight through design, less restrictive, more power.[/quote]

any pics of the new system in the engine bay or individually?

using open-pod or drop-in? Heard that open-pod not suitable for low-end torque for my auto ride.

does it bypass the resonator box?
Optra (A) 1.6
= Regrettably Stock =
except for:
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

godzilla wrote:Straight through design, less restrictive, more power

any pics of the new system in the engine bay or individually?

using open-pod or drop-in? Heard that open-pod not suitable for low-end torque for my auto ride.

does it bypass the resonator box?
CAI in my case, the resonator box had been removed long time ago.

www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

There are many things you can get to modify your Optra (if its 4-door sedan) or Forenza sedan.
Just of the top of my head..vent visors, ground effects, wings, springs, intakes, plug wires, pulleys, bulbs, carbon fiber dash kits, exhaust & there is other stuff as well. Most of it though comes over seas and a few things from Canada.
I do not see support growing that much. It seems many do not want to spend money on these cars. Sure there are a handfull but I have contacted 50-80 vendors and 99% are not interested. I will get 50 emails and one purchase. I owned a Civic when it all started blowing up in 94 and I can tell you even with the world wide web it just isn't getting started with this car like it deserves. 360 has had similar situations. I remember reading that it took forever to get 10 people to throw down for a very nice pulley. It seems many want to but few do. I know when I was 21 I had at least $5000 in my Civic and it was sweet for the day. I paid $150 back then for just a midget short ram kit & $600 for clear headlamp assembly. Really stuff is very reasonable now a days.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

CAI in my case, the resonator box had been removed long time ago.

Is your ride an auto?

actually what does the resonator do?
Optra (A) 1.6
= Regrettably Stock =
except for:
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

www.forenzamotorsports.co wrote:There are many things you can get to modify your Optra (if its 4-door sedan) or Forenza sedan.
Just of the top of my head..vent visors, ground effects, wings, springs, intakes, plug wires, pulleys, bulbs, carbon fiber dash kits, exhaust & there is other stuff as well. Most of it though comes over seas and a few things from Canada.
I do not see support growing that much. It seems many do not want to spend money on these cars. Sure there are a handfull but I have contacted 50-80 vendors and 99% are not interested. I will get 50 emails and one purchase. I owned a Civic when it all started blowing up in 94 and I can tell you even with the world wide web it just isn't getting started with this car like it deserves. 360 has had similar situations. I remember reading that it took forever to get 10 people to throw down for a very nice pulley. It seems many want to but few do. I know when I was 21 I had at least $5000 in my Civic and it was sweet for the day. I paid $150 back then for just a midget short ram kit & $600 for clear headlamp assembly. Really stuff is very reasonable now a days.
true....but not much stuff coming up.....hopefully with the entry of optra/forenza in the touring championship, more modifications are available.....
Optra (A) 1.6
= Regrettably Stock =
except for:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

a resonator is used to muffle the sound of the air sucked by the intake... it helps make the car quiter but it robs some power due to restriction.

check this how to for resonator removal
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2884

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267

Also I have heard that the new 06 Forenza will have new headlights/hood/fenders/grill and bumper. Now this picture is not the 06 Forenza and it has an aftermarket bumper but look at the headlights and fenders do you see a difference?

I was not aware any changes was being made so soon to Optra and this new "Forenza" it is being based off the Lacetti 2.

http://www.intimidator.co.kr/bbs/data/pds/front.jpg

News to me..chime in if you have info.

Scott
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

my car's 5 spd
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

www.forenzamotorsports.co wrote:Also I have heard that the new 06 Forenza will have new headlights/hood/fenders/grill and bumper. Now this picture is not the 06 Forenza and it has an aftermarket bumper but look at the headlights and fenders do you see a difference?

I was not aware any changes was being made so soon to Optra and this new "Forenza" it is being based off the Lacetti 2.

http://www.intimidator.co.kr/bbs/data/pds/front.jpg

News to me..chime in if you have info.

Scott
That car is a turbocharged prototype or test car or something, there is a nice article somewhere on the forum about the power output and everything but it won't be put into production, the new bumper is probabally modified to fit the intercooler but otherwise everything is normal. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the Forenza so soon, there is an all-new Aveo in production already and will be released shortly.

That is what I thought as well. It just would not make sense when this body has barely been world wide for what 3 years? How that came up was a vendor suggested they would not go forward with parts for the Optra and Forenza unitl the all new 06 was out. It just did not make sense.

Later
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I have come to one conclusion.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.