ENGINE SWAP

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DarkLiquidDragon

ENGINE SWAP

Post by DarkLiquidDragon »

Well, guys, I'm doin' it. I plan on getting my engines swapped here in a few months. Any ideas on what kind of engine I should try and get??

Robert
DarkLiquidDragon

oh, I forgot, it's for a 2001 lanos h/b.

Robert
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

C20LET or C20xe :)
Image Image
DarkLiquidDragon

Do you know like a website or anything, like a review or something I could check it out with?

Robert
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

C20LET and C20XE aren't found here in USA/Canada

You should follow what me and Goldenboy are doing and drop in a C20E from a late eighties Pontiac Sunbird GT turbo (mine is an 87)

The C20E--> 2.0L turbo is an 8V version of the famous C20LET (16V) found all over Europe and is very easy to bring up to 200Whp with stock internals (250 Whp if you rebuild it and replace the stock bolts with ARP bolts....stock bolts tend to break)

I have seen C20LET engines aproaching 400 WHp !!!!

I am in the middle of doing this swap (just pulled the engine out of the sunbird yesterday)

Goldenboy allready has his engine and is starting on the rebuild process so he may get done before me.

I plan on doing my rebuild over the winter so that I have the car ready for next spring.

There are plenty of posts about this swap and the fact that it bolts up to the stock engine mount and tranny is a major plus.
nasser

Post by nasser »

SR20DET
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

Yes this motor seem to be the best issue. Even the parts are not that hard to get. I'm slowly rebuilding it and making it look like a new :). I thin that me and Erfinder will bot be ready at the same time at srping cuse I have a lot of expensive thing to do before starting the swap (like lazer eyes surgery :). People around here already eard about my project and let me tell you that the other tuner around can't wait to see the result :) Already have a couple of bid for he spring on the track lol!!

Mat 8)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

People put pics of the project to see the progress...
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

nasser wrote:SR20DET
The C20E is very similar to the SR20DET....same 86mm bore and 86mm stroke.

This "square" bore/stroke design seems to be the most efficent for making power in and around 2.0L.

Even the 2.2L Ecotec drag engine dropped the stroke down to 86mm to give it the same bore/stroke and displacement as the C20E/C20LET/C20NE/C20SED/C20SEL/C20XE/X20XEV/Z20LET engines.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Erfinder.....go nuts....get the C20LET with Phase3 (309BHP 316 lbs ft) from http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk and match it up with F28 6SPD converted to FWD and mated with Quaife LSD :lol: :shock: :D

Maximus!!! co tam slychac dobrego w wawie??? lol

Post by Maximus »

GsiTurbo wrote:Erfinder.....go nuts....get the C20LET with Phase3 (309BHP 316 lbs ft) from http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk and match it up with F28 6SPD converted to FWD and mated with Quaife LSD :lol: :shock: :D

Maximus!!! co tam slychac dobrego w wawie??? lol
Witaj :D Wiec nie jestem sam na forum :lol:

Co slychac w Wawie ? og?lnie zmiany tylko na... gorsze drogi tragiczne... szkoda gadac :( dziury po poprzedniej zimie jeszcze nie polatane :?

Sorry for O/T guys :)
Last edited by Maximus on Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

One thing I don't understand is that you say the C20 will swap right in with the same motor mounts found in the Lanos but the Lanos engine code is A16 which would indicate to me that it's not a Family II engine. Are we 100% sure that the C20 would be a direct swap?

Also, where in EU would you get a C20LET with F28 to be shipped to the US?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

daewooluvr wrote:One thing I don't understand is that you say the C20 will swap right in with the same motor mounts found in the Lanos but the Lanos engine code is A16 which would indicate to me that it's not a Family II engine. Are we 100% sure that the C20 would be a direct swap?

Also, where in EU would you get a C20LET with F28 to be shipped to the US?
Maybe from Germany ? They should have a lot of good LETs, but there is one problem a good LET cost smth. about 2.500 $ + shipping
Image Image
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

actually I was looking for specific sites that someone might know about for finding parts in Europe or even better the UK.

Shaun
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

daewooluvr wrote:actually I was looking for specific sites that someone might know about for finding parts in Europe or even better the UK.

Shaun
For start try MigWeb..I got a few bits and piesces thru the members of that board. Check for sale and wanted forums. Also, Vauxhall Performance Spares Centre, but they are expensive. There is also a good forum from germany, with specific thread for the english speaking members C20LET Forum

The engine does swap directly into the Lanos' chasis....maniac16v does have a 2.0 in his woo :)

Happy Hunting!!

PS: Looks like we might need a polish forum as well :lol: :twisted: