replacing the head of 1.6 dohc to another

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

NubiraPower

replacing the head of 1.6 dohc to another

Post by NubiraPower »

I want to replace the head of my 1.6 16v dohc(Nubira engine) to another one bigger! Can someone help with some informations pls? I want to put another head of an opel engine 2.2 or at least 2.0! Do you know what head can match my engine without big modifications?! 10x
Nubira Power
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

You cannot use a 2.0L head. The best one to get for your engine is an early Opel C16XE cylinder head. They have much better ports than the later engines. They can be found in the Opel Corsa B Gsi 16v.

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

You cannot use a 2.0L head. The best one to get for your engine is an early Opel C16XE cylinder head. They have much better ports than the later engines. They can be found in the Opel Corsa B Gsi 16v.

Stef
The cylinder head of Corsa B Gsi 16v will match 100%?! That's the only cylinder head that can match my engine?! 10x
Nubira Power
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Stefan wrote:You cannot use a 2.0L head. The best one to get for your engine is an early Opel C16XE cylinder head. They have much better ports than the later engines. They can be found in the Opel Corsa B Gsi 16v.

Stef
What he said.

the 1.8/2.0 engines are bigger in overall size as well not only displacement.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph