Results of the choco chip

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i am not misunderstanding your words man... we are just discussing an issue that will add knowledge to both of us.

as for the Woo race you mentioned, i understand you got a 1.5 or so right?? and you are saying you kept even with a 1.6 Woo because of the chip.

this could be true... the chip will add to the performance of the engine no doubt about it but let me ask you... what was the ambiant temp. at that time??
and was the other Woo driver some one you know? i mean are you sure he is a good driver and knows what he was doing?

if the temp. was not high then the chip will work perfectly for you but be ware when it gets really hot, it will affect your performance... i am talking 40C and above here.

also i have beated many guys during racing because they were just stupid guys in fast cars so it was easy to beat them... so unless you are sure of the other Woo driver's skills, the race results could be missleading (i kept up with a Mercedes E200 before).

what i am saying is the chip will work fine as long as it is cold but if it went all the way up in temp. it will affect your performance.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
agentsmith

Post by agentsmith »

so what if youre like me and you have a cold air intake in your fog light area? the temp in there stays lots cooler since its dark. also. i have my CAI mounted directly to the fog light hole, thus giving me a little ram air. thoughts?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you are geeting the coolest air you can ever find... keep it that way.

MMamdouh
chefgold

Post by chefgold »

Does anyone know if the chip would work in the 1.6 Aveo/Kalos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you have to ask Chris chris@daewootech.net

MMamdouh
-=Exiled=- Chris

Post by -=Exiled=- Chris »

good knowledge guys, remember proper tuning is key, the choco chip was never intended to be sold as a replacement part, only a temperoray fix to those who have leaned out thier air/fuel ratio, those who have additions that increase thier airflow and lowered air temp as such a CAI would do, it also eases installation of custom CAI projects as you dont have to worry about the AIT sensor mounting location if your worried to drill a hole in your CAI.

in situations when youve leaned out your A/F ratio youll be getting more air but not more fuel per say, the computer can compensate to so much, but also remember that thie chip was also not intended to be installed as a daily driving tool, its a race type temporary solution for when your out at night on night drags (im sure both daewootech's dont condone illegal racing) or if you were at the race track or Auto-x or whatnot and you cant afford an aftermarket fuel pump or FPR.

proper tuning is key, in some cases the chip will work out stupendiously as you guys said, in some cases its better to leave it out. its all up to knowing your car and knowing when and where to use it.
-=Exiled=- Chris

Post by -=Exiled=- Chris »

so what if youre like me and you have a cold air intake in your fog light area? the temp in there stays lots cooler since its dark. also. i have my CAI mounted directly to the fog light hole, thus giving me a little ram air. thoughts?
if you have a CAI in the fog light area it would work better with the choco chip. also note the tempreture is cooler maily because its away seperated from the heat generated from the engine bay, and as well sucking in fresh air in from the fog light hole if you dont have fog lights. this is the similar setup ive setup on both mine and my friends daewoo and has yielded the best power increase that ive found yet.

im still researching what teh best pipe diameter is however for CAI's, i setup a 2 inch intake setup in my friends car, going straight 2 inch down to the fog light hole, and for my daewoo ive setup a 3 inch setup straight down to the air filter in the fog light area. im thinking of trying a 2 inch setup in my daewoo as i think the 3 inch is losing too much resistance, or some sort of combination of 2 inch on bottom half and 3 inch on top, or reverse, to see if there can be some sort of V2 style like AEM's