2 questions!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

l_BlakBear_l

2 questions!!

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

1. Well lately my cars check engine light has been turning on, and when i first start it and give gas it will go away but when i let go it will come back, ive already given it a tune up and oil change. any idea what would cause the light to come on?
2. Also i was wondering if a leganza engine would fit into a lanos. would be pretty sweet to have a v6 in my lanos. I have a 99 4 door lanos us version 16v dohc.
any feedback would be appreciated thnx
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

1. Go to Autozone and get it scanned. Then you will be able to find out why it is throwing the CEL.
2. The Leganza is a 2.2L I4 not a V6. I know some people have done the 2.0 and the 2.2 is only a lil taller of a block that the 2.0 so technically it should. I don't know of anyone that has done it yet. Also, it could become very expensive.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

agent smith did the 2.2 swap on a lanos so you can get a 2.0 or a 2.2 in it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

mmamdouh wrote:agent smith did the 2.2 swap on a lanos so you can get a 2.0 or a 2.2 in it.

MMamdouh
He's finished?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewoolanos 2000 sport

Post by daewoolanos 2000 sport »

ive been done for about a month now. however, somehow, a #$#@load of water ended up on my digi cam (*glares at his cats*) so ive been unable to take pix. i had my work done at protek in austin texas, as there were no competent performance shops here in san antonio. i just got my choco chip in also, and i get some nice pickup in 3rd now. i must say the car seems to respond a bit better now, and accellerates a bit more in 1st and 2nd. ive been caught up lately with my 2nd lanos though. has a bad ECU that im tryin to get a replacement for. bought one on ebay, 20 bux, but the thing was bad also. with the current bad ecu, the CEL is steady on. with the ebayd one, the CEL flashes and the water light comes on during startup (original one, it doesnt). so... ive been a bit busy as of late with my woos and my job and my fish breeding business. i promise once i get my cam working/replaced, ill take pix. to recap:

leggy 2.2 swap (when i did the swap, the shop had the engine head reworked. the engine had 90k miles on it, but they got it sounding like new)
stock tranny replaced with 6k mile tranny
leggy TB (62mm i believe?)
choco chip
8.5mm magnacore wires
2.5" exhaust piping
magnaflow exhaust
grond kit

-edit-
sylvania cool-blue lights
leggy ECU
CAI (with some ram air)
car lowered 2"
all rear windows and sunroof replaced with plexi-glass
all seats aside from driver seat removed
spare tire removed
excessive plastic/misc parts (jack, tire iron) removed

with me in the car, the car weighs 2274.38lbs at the weigh station. i REALLY wanna get this car on DYNO, but i have little to no time until i get the work done on my 2nd lanos accomplished... not to mention i quit my current job (dont worry im self-employed full time) in hopes of getting a better one soon.
-/edit-

i got my leggy parts from a junk yard here. they had a 2k1 leggy that was wrecked from behind (yay!) and they sold it cheap (800 for the car). the entire swap took about 5 days, and cost me about 5k in labor, 1200 in parts. my savings took a huge dent, but its well worth it. ive not taken it to the track yet, but im hoping with the mods ive done, i can pull off 15-14's. ive got a friend in austin who has a garret t3 hes gonna give me once he gets his bigger turbo. so... by the end of this year, i hope to have my lanos turbo'd as well. ive been saving up for this for a few years now, so its nice to see it finally pay off. anywho, im gonna go take more bonghits and then go out and pick races with hondas... lata..

-agent smith
Last edited by daewoolanos 2000 sport on Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my woo can spank your woo!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewooluvr wrote:
mmamdouh wrote:agent smith did the 2.2 swap on a lanos so you can get a 2.0 or a 2.2 in it.

MMamdouh
He's finished?
the engine installation is finished but i think he is looking for an ECU.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OOOPS... i actually replied to Shaun without noticing that agent smith did reply so...

MMamdouh
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

daewoolanos 2000 sport wrote:ive been done for about a month now. however, somehow, a #$#@load of water ended up on my digi cam (*glares at his cats*) so ive been unable to take pix. i had my work done at protek in austin texas, as there were no competent performance shops here in san antonio. i just got my choco chip in also, and i get some nice pickup in 3rd now. i must say the car seems to respond a bit better now, and accellerates a bit more in 1st and 2nd. ive been caught up lately with my 2nd lanos though. has a bad ECU that im tryin to get a replacement for. bought one on ebay, 20 bux, but the thing was bad also. with the current bad ecu, the CEL is steady on. with the ebayd one, the CEL flashes and the water light comes on during startup (original one, it doesnt). so... ive been a bit busy as of late with my woos and my job and my fish breeding business. i promise once i get my cam working/replaced, ill take pix. to recap:

leggy 2.2 swap (when i did the swap, the shop had the engine head reworked. the engine had 90k miles on it, but they got it sounding like new)
stock tranny replaced with 6k mile tranny
leggy TB (62mm i believe?)
choco chip
8.5mm magnacore wires
2.5" exhaust piping
magnaflow exhaust
grond kit

i got my leggy parts from a junk yard here. they had a 2k1 leggy that was wrecked from behind (yay!) and they sold it cheap (800 for the car). the entire swap took about 5 days, and cost me about 5k in labor, 1200 in parts. my savings took a huge dent, but its well worth it. ive not taken it to the track yet, but im hoping with the mods ive done, i can pull off 15-14's. ive got a friend in austin who has a garret t3 hes gonna give me once he gets his bigger turbo. so... by the end of this year, i hope to have my lanos turbo'd as well. ive been saving up for this for a few years now, so its nice to see it finally pay off. anywho, im gonna go take more bonghits and then go out and pick races with hondas... lata..

-agent smith
is it a notible difference with the leggy engine? thats alot of money to put into the swap, but if it actually makes a difference then i guess its worth it. i always thought the leggy was a v6..guess not :S..
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

ive been done for about a month now. however, somehow, a #$#@load of water ended up on my digi cam (*glares at his cats*) so ive been unable to take pix.
dude if your digi cam is busted why don't you just buy a cheap little disposable with a flash? and when you get it developed have it put on a cd. thats how i get all mine on the net.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoolanos 2000 sport

lanos2001 wrote:
ive been done for about a month now. however, somehow, a #$#@load of water ended up on my digi cam (*glares at his cats*) so ive been unable to take pix.
dude if your digi cam is busted why don't you just buy a cheap little disposable with a flash? and when you get it developed have it put on a cd. thats how i get all mine on the net.

nick
sigh. no denero (money) right now. im switching jobs right now because my current employer is a dick. so im gonna be waiting about 3 weeks for a paycheck. once i get a paycheck, i plan on getting a good cam (like a fujifilm finepix 3800). i dont wanna spend any money right now on something im gonna get in about a month or less. anywho, dont worry. pix will come soon :D if my friend ever gets off her ass, maybe i can convince her to let me use her digi camcorder. since i did my swap, ive had no issues killing the honduhs here with universal fart cans, even the SI's wont race me now. i can still pick races with mustang gts and the like, but now i can somewhat keep up with them. i believe the leggy 2.2 has a stock hp rating of 150? i figure now, with my mods, im pushing close to 180, maybe higher. i hope to surpass the 200 mark after i install my turbo. oh yea, boost doesnt count, but i have a 75shot of boost in my car again :D
cielo20

engine swop

Post by cielo20 »

it would have been cheaper to put in a calibra or cavalier turbo engine in standard form they put out 205bhp and with a few mods go up to 245bhp easy and it would be 2000cc not 2.2 cfos thats what the honda guys will tell you! when i race a honda si and win they just tell me but yours is a 2ltr not 16! but then i have no bloody v-tec its only a 20 16v 156bhp and my cielo is a lot heavier! :lol:
daewoolanos 2000 sport

Re: engine swop

cielo20 wrote:it would have been cheaper to put in a calibra or cavalier turbo engine in standard form they put out 205bhp and with a few mods go up to 245bhp easy and it would be 2000cc not 2.2 cfos thats what the honda guys will tell you! when i race a honda si and win they just tell me but yours is a 2ltr not 16! but then i have no bloody v-tec its only a 20 16v 156bhp and my cielo is a lot heavier! :lol:
a cavvy engine? an american engine in an import? if the cavvy is an import engine, i apoligize, but im sure its not. i would never put anything american in my car. i HATE american cars :evil: :x

and my car is a 2.2! not just a 2 litre :P honduh si's used to rev next to me all the time, and unless i got a good lead off the line, they usually kept up with me and overtook me in 3rd to 4th. now, however, that just doesnt happen :D i usually blow em away off the line and they never catch up :D