a little help plz! (engine buildup)

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Wolf-Spirit
Expert

a little help plz! (engine buildup)

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

First of all hello been a while since i been on here :p

well it as follows i got a used totaly overheated 1.6 engine i wanna prep to put in my lanos sxi... I was thinking of get it bored out and then putting a turbo on it. Now considering i dont feel like reading the 1million posts i missed i could use a list here cuase im a bit lazy :roll:

So i need some help on wich parts i could interswap with a Opel/Vauxhall engine (pistons,crankshaft and so on...). I wish to lower compresion so i can put a big turbo on btw.

Also if anyone know of any current turbo Kits for a lanos or atleast a exhaust header for one so i dont have to make my own header.

Also pondering about making the engine being able to make more RPM (9000k or so) so i geus i need to get a replacement for the hydralic valve system to go back to old shool mech.

So any help would be welcome not really sure what HP i would want to come on hopefully 200hp is possible if not to bad ill take lower getting bored of the 110hp(estimate) i got now. :wink:

thx for yer time !

ps. im a car mechanic so no need to hold back 8)
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

200HP of 1.6 engine?? it will have a expactation of life like a housefly. put a 2.0 opel engine in it. if you have a enough money, use the c20let (it is a trubo and stable until 300HP).but than the airbag etc. will not run...

in germany a rallylanos with natural gas use the c20xe and in poland :?: another lanos has the XE within.

you have to tell us a little bit more about your engine and car (year of manufacture etc.)

tschau norman
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

For a low compresion 1.6 and a 9000 rpm limit, you will need custom low compresion pistons, steel rods, and knife edge crank, etc.

For a long term proyect it will be fun.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

well it is long term as it is a spare engine :)

but i was hoping to find a low compression opel/vauxhall piston that would fit rather then getting customs as those cost alot :s same for the rods as for the crack well those i can get adyusted from the original if needed

and no to the 2.0 i like how the 1.6 responds a 2.0 is good for higher hp/speeds but im going for more responce as i wont be doing high speeds alot all i care about is how the car accels and how fast the rpm's go up... A 2.0 is yust to slugish (yes even on 300hp)
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

you don?t need high speed? it is only a question of the right gearbox... in germany we say: "hubraum ist durch nichts zu ersetzen" and now puzzle what it means 8)

tschau norman
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

"capacity has to be replaced by nothing" ?? hmm dont c what that means...

but even whit the correct tranny a 1.6 will rev up faster then a 2.0 cuase it has less displacement to move.... i like fast/high reving engines the most even should it loose in a drag or something :wink:

Also will the block hold a turbo whitout lowering the compression? i could always start out whit this for now then get the parts to lower the compresion and boost rpm... as i got 2 blocks to work on i could go in steps... any ideas efrain?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Wolf-Spirit wrote:"capacity has to be replaced by nothing" ?? hmm dont c what that means...
I think the better translation is "There is no replacement for displacement".

Cliff
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:
Wolf-Spirit wrote:"capacity has to be replaced by nothing" ?? hmm dont c what that means...
I think the better translation is "There is no replacement for displacement".

Cliff
There's "Revs are the #1 replacement for displacement"

To build a engine wih that kind of spec you need to change the rods and pistons.

i think the 1.6 block can cope with some 350 hp :) its an iron block.

But i dont think the stock pistons (at stock revs) can hold more than 10 psi

if you're looking a 1/4 mile quick car, why dont you build a NA engine?

dont you like ITB's? (individual throttle bodies)

My mechanic has that same setup you're looking for.

A 1.6 dohc vtec turbo. the revlimiter is set a 9500 rpm.

Efrain
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

"dont you like ITB's? (individual throttle bodies)" <== dont think i have ever heard of those... what are these then? sound like you mean 4 body's 1 on each cilinder?

also what would my options be in NA then?
cielo20

rev happy 20

Post by cielo20 »

hi wolf spirit you havnt tried the c20xe its true it only revs up to 6,500 rpm but it revs up like a bike even on accelaration on 1st an 2nd gear! try one :twisted: it will get you horny :twisted:
norman
Junior

Re: rev happy 20

Post by norman »

moin,
cielo20 wrote:1st an 2nd gear! try one :twisted: it will get you horny :twisted:
my talking :o okay under 3000 rpm it is not the yellow of the egg, but than muhahaha

tschau norman
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

if the c20xe is the engine that is in a leganza then no thx... :wink:

besides dont want to loose any options on my car wich i will have to loose to geta 2.0 in it.. i want to get a easy swap as i need to do it every year for the technical chekup i need to go to every year (and it aint legal to mod your engine over here) .. if it was the 1.6 block the wont notice much after i pop the turbo back off.....

for me its either.
1.turbo on original bore and high rpm (maybe even on stock compresion)
2.Turbo on overbored engine and high rpm (prefebly on low compresion)
3.NA tuned engine on 1.6block (this option will most licky be engine swap once a year for techical checkup as it prolly wont run errrr normal now will it :p )
cielo20

c20xe

Post by cielo20 »

no this is not the engine of the leganza one is 130bhp the other is 156bhp and the mechanical parts and materials and head alone make a big differance! it doese 14.45 quarter mile in standard form on my cielo with the daewoo f16 gearbox! :twisted:
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

ah so that would prolly be the opel kadet 2.0i GSI engine? drove it before its a nice engine but not what im looking for (only drove it stock do mind) but still im going for a 1.6 or overbored 1.6 .... 2.0 is not in my optionlist as i dont want to loose my AC nor my power steering.