bigger injectors and TB

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

furbie

bigger injectors and TB

Post by furbie »

ok i live in australia.
i have had my 98 sohc lanos for about 3months now.
i have been talkin to different people and have been
told to get a bigger throttle body and change my injectors.
dose anyone know of any throttle bodies that will basically bolt on
to the sohc lanos??
and what injectors should i get? will injectors from a nubira fit?
or anyother makes of cars?
if anyone has any information email me at
furbypimp@hotmail.com
or contact me on msn with the same address

also what power dose the 98 lanos sohc puts out?
1.5 sohc 98 lanos.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

if i'm not mistaken the 1.5l only has like 85hp. as for the throttle body and injectors i'm not sure at all.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
furbie

Post by furbie »

ok cools thanks
i wanna get that higher by bigger throttle bottle and bigger injectors that will increase the hp..the car isnt that slow it got good launch but i wanna improve it..
do u know about the chocolate chip which is on daewootech.net?
is it anygood will it help or is it pointless? and is there anywhere else i can get one from?
1.5 sohc 98 lanos.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lanos2001 wrote:if i'm not mistaken the 1.5l only has like 85hp. as for the throttle body and injectors i'm not sure at all.

nick
it has been said that the 1.5 SOHC got 85 HP and the 1.6 DOHC got 105... our local marketing campains say 86 and 106 respectivly so thats about right, the point is how to add up on those numbers HUH? :)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

furbie wrote:ok cools thanks
i wanna get that higher by bigger throttle bottle and bigger injectors that will increase the hp..the car isnt that slow it got good launch but i wanna improve it..
is it anygood will it help or is it pointless? and is there anywhere else i can get one from?
From what ive heard on here there is other places you can get something close to the choco chip but it isnt nearly as safe on your engine... go with daewootechs chocochip, it works and is safe
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

furbie wrote:ok cools thanks
It's not pointless... it's awesome. It's not really fuel efficient if you will be shifting agressively.
furbie

Post by furbie »

ok well will the chocolate chip work on the sohc?
also i wanna know if they will ship to australia..
im interested in it..also will it just fit in the same place as the other
air sensor ? im a newbie at daewoos and wanna get abit more power out of it..
im used to havin my old ae-92 corolla levin gtv.. that was a good 110kw at the front wheels. but insurance reasons i sold it n bought the lanos to start from scratch.
everyone thanks for all your help which i was somewhere where there was some decent lanos cruises cause over here its all holden comodores n falcons
1.5 sohc 98 lanos.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i think the sensor is the same for the 1.5 SOHC and the 1.6 DOHC so the chip will fit with no problems.

MMamdouh
RjT

Post by RjT »

Is that chip still available or what ? Or could i make myself ?

RjT
daewoo

Post by daewoo »

could someone explain me what that choco chip does and what you gain by it? :)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok if the SOHC engine is like the 1.5 or 1.6 dohc you can use the Thottle body of the nubira (I have to check if the leganza 2.2 is bigger).

And for the injector yes, you can use the nubi or the leganza 2.0 2.2. But if you haven't in mind make a turbo project keep your injectors or just upgra to 1.6. Why? No matter if you get a little more air from the thlottle you will get to much gass, and you will have a bad mix.... :evil:
ImageImage
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Indeed the TB of the 1.5 and the 1.6 is the same... the 2.0 TB is bigger and I am not sure about the TB on the 2.2

I think the 2.0 TB on a 1.5 or 1.6 will enhance performance (better breathing engine) and I already saw some pics for 1.6 engines with the 2.0 TB.

As for the injectors... I guess the 1.5 and 1.6 are similar and the 2.0 is bigger and also I don't know about the 2.2

I think the injectors swap will ruin the performance due to making the mixture way too rich... well that is pretty logical as the optimum mixture is some 1:14.6 and when you mess with the air ratio it will be not as sensitive as messing with the fuel ratio... in other words messing with the fuel ratio by an injector swap will be like cutting a diamond with a sledge hammer... unless of corse you got some after market fuel pressure regulator to tune your mixture.
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

It's true that the 2.0 fits on the 1.5 or 1.6 engine. I've made this to my car. Also I changed the injectors to 2.2 The difference noted was on the first 2 shifts. I bought the AITS chip from Daewootech.net and today I'm gonna installed it. 8)

The problem with the Daewoo of not getting better performance is the transmission. Don't know who was the crazy guy who invented this gear ratio with so much difference between them. :roll:
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

So if I go out and buy a throttle body from a 2.0 Nubira, it will bolt directly up to my Lanos 1.6 intake manifold? Sensors and all?

If so that is good news. Only problem is, won't the stock intake manifold have to be bored out to get use of the new bigger diameter?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thats a really good point :idea: i got to check my intake on my 1.5 and see if the intake will be restricting a bigger TB or not. :roll:

MMamdouh