T20/22SED ---> N13 project

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Snail

T20/22SED ---> N13 project

Post by Snail »

Hey guys,

I've been around these forums for a little while getting some great info from you guys, thanks :)

Due to my copious amounts of spare time lately, I've been researching some engine conversion possibilities for my N13 Pulsar. (otherwise known as n13 astra or sunny, not sure what they're called in various different countries or if you even have them where you are though ;))

Anyway the N13 has a family II GM engine, the F18E. I've been playing with some possibilities of transplanting other more powerful family II engines in place of the one I currently have (obviously I know that its not going to be quite as simple as engine out, new one in). The engines that I'm going to be converting with are the:

T20SED - Nubira
or the
T22SED - Leganza
(which one really depends on what is available)

Now this project hasn't started yet, it's still in the planning stage. I'm still trying to gather info on each of these engines, and have little intention of trying anything before I've researched enough.

I'm stuck on a few things at the moment, and wondering if anyone here would be willing to help? I'm trying to suss out engine mounts for the T20/22SED's, and how similar/different they are to what I have already (F18E)
Does anyone have any good pics of either of the t20/22sed engine blocks (im pretty sure they're the same, except the 22 has some extra ribbing)? If you do, would you mind posting them up here or emailing them to me? I've had a flick through your site's album, and theres some ok ones but its too hard to compare them to the pics I have. The angles a bit hard to work with is all.

Thanks heaps if you can help me here fellas :D
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

..i 'm not familiar with ur car but.. why not throw the mk2 astra engine in there?
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Snail

Post by Snail »

We don't have Mk2's in australia that i know of. Hence, finding a c20xe is very hard. The only car we have that has that engine is the Calibra, which are also quite rare :( Daewoos on the other hand are a little more readily available, so ive chosen to try them instead :)

I've put some pics up of my car and its engine bay to see if anyone can relate to what I'm on about :)

Cheers!
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Have you considered the 2L EFI JE model Holden Camira engine? It should be pretty similar and with full exhaust, cam and chip you should whip ALOT of cars plus it would be cheaper and more parts are available than the Daewoo.

Otherwise i'd live with what you've got (recondition it or whatever is needed) and whack a nice turbo on there!!!

My 2 cents.

--Tim
Snail

Post by Snail »

Yeah the JE has been considered too... The gearbox is pretty massive though, so really the only way to do it is to just bore and hone my current block to 2L and use JE internals. However I'm growing fond of DOHC :). Unfortunately, they're not quite as fast as I'd like. Some nice torque figures there, but I'm after something a just little more.
Turbo at the moment isnt an option for me :( Otherwise that'd be on the list too :)

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :D
Snail

Post by Snail »

Nobody has any pictures of the t20/22sed engine? :(
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

T20SED turbo

T20SED

We can also supply all you need to convert your 2.0 to 2.0 Turbo - these are the results you should be expecting at 13 psi of boost, and you do get to keep the engine :)

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Tom

Post by Snail »

Thanks for that Tom :D Would you by any chance have pictures of the engine out of its engine bay, so I can see the both whole sides of the block?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

There are some good pictures in the Album/Technical Images section. PM me your email address, and I will send you more.

Post by Snail »

pm sent :)

thanks mate