Lanos: Running Strange.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Lanos: Running Strange.

Post by BosnianLanos »

Two things are happening to my Lanos. First, the engine is fairly loud and seems to be at fairly high RPM in idle (1.5K - 2.5K, IDK, Don't have Tach). Second, when I'm stopped at a light, my engine heat goes up, but not into the danger mark, then when I resume driving, it returns to normal. This has never happened before. I feel pretty confident saying that this isn't a mechanical problem, I have checked all the vaccum hoses, oil, coolant, etc. But all seems normal. Could these two things be a sensor issue?

These two are in the running for the bad sensor. Coolant Temperature Sensor, and O2 Sensor. (Neither have been changed in 6 years or 180K miles.) Is it possible that these two are the issue, or is there something else. What are the "symptoms" of a fouled CTS or O2S? And where is the CTS located?

Thanks all. :oops:

Damir.
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

has a ce light been tripped?? Amm the water temp going up at idle, could also be your water pump, so you should get that checked, I would also change the thermostat, it is not that expensive and should be changed with the water pump. Abould the high idle, I would see if the IAC valve ifunctioning properly, and just take the car to get a tune up
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

No, I haven't tripped a CEL. In fact, I think my CEL has burned out a long time ago. After thinking about it, the whole coolant thing was probably since it has dropped 30 Degrees Farenheit and thats just my car responding to it, going to normal height in idle, and then going below normal during driving. About the IAC Valve. Where and what is it?

BTW. Tune-Up- wise. Like 300 miles ago I got new plugs, wires, ignition coil. Change the oil every 3000 Miles. The car is very well maintained.

Could it also be the ECU responding to the new intake I put in a few weeks ago?
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

your ECU is confused BUT not really your intakes fault... go to a woo dealer and let him update you cars ECU software there is a bug in the original software wich can cause a high idle RPM... if you got no woo dealer you could try resetting the ECU.

Or it could be some gell on the ecu connection depends wich lanos you have if you have a ECU under the hood wich is placed against the backboard of the engine compartment there is a gell in that ecu that tend to go out and confuse the ecu cause of bad connections then you yust need to clean the the connector