Good Daewoo Tech in the Atlanta GA area NEEDED!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rclements

Good Daewoo Tech in the Atlanta GA area NEEDED!

Post by rclements »

my belt broke, I replaced the head and belt and all the other bs, but now the car does not start without pressing the gas or idle under a load, so I need to get it looked at.

All the dash lights are normal

Rob
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

How does it run once it does start? Is it normal, or perhaps it is experiencing rought idle?

My first guess (since it does run overall), is that possibly the timing belt is mis-positioned by a tooth...(or one of the camgears in reference to the bottom end).

Give us more details pls

Not sure

Post by rclements »

I pretty sure the marks are all lined up on the cams and crank, if I give it gas it will start and run, I have it so it idles at 1200rpm and it does that fine. It sounds as if it is missing on one or two of the cyl at an ldle of 100 rpm or less. I have not replaces the plug wires, but I have replaced the plugs. How is the best way to check the wires and coil?

Rob
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

OK, so I am assuming that the engine runs fine, except for when you start it cold - is that correct? I am also assuming the ECM is not throwing any codes at you.

How does it behave ones the motor reaches its normal operating temperature?

Would you say the power of the engine is the same, as before the broken belt, or perhaps it has less power right now? Have you noticed any smoke (blue, white, black) or unusual odour coming out of the tailpipe?

Post by rclements »

At low rpm it has no power (say from 1 to 900 RPM) but at or above 1200RPM and on the raod it runs out great great power = or better then before. I have not checked the OBD II, but the desh lights are all cool, and not check engine on. When I first got it started I had smoke, but I think that is normal since it was sitting up for about 3 to 4 months while finding the $$$ for the parts.

Rob
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

check the MAP sensor or perhaps even the Crank or Cam positioning sensors. They don't always throw a code at first.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm totally confused about the 1-900 RPM thing

No car will reliably function at 100RPM.... that means that each set of cylinders is only firing once every 1.2 seconds !!!

If you did manage to run it at 100RPM it would sound like a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Plug wires are easy to check.... put one hand on ground and touch the plug wire to your tongue while your friend cranks the ignition.

If you pass out that means the coils/wires are working good. :shock:

Please ensure you have a defibrilator handy in case your heart stops.

If a defibrilator is unavailable have your friend beat your chest with a baseball bat in an attempt to restart your heart.

Sorry... I know I'm not being helpfull but I'm in a strange mood.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

lol reminds me when we were working on my msd box and i sat there getting shocked 12 times per rotation of the cylinder :shock: :shock: , man that sucked!!! sure is fun watching it arcing though
rclements

Checked plugs and wires

Post by rclements »

I got spark at all 4 plugs, so the wires, plugs and coild are all good to go.

I will start checking air and fuel

Rob Clements
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I would also check the vacuum lines - this is crucial for the MAP sensor signal, based on which the comp is calculating timing and amount of fuel. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks.

Also, in some cases, bad ground may also cause some strange engine behaviour...this is something worth checking too (battery to the chassis, battery to the engine etc).

Keep us posted....

Thinking back

Post by rclements »

Thinking back, it seems that I tried to start it once without all the bs back on the engine ie all the air breather stuff and it ran better, so I will try that in the next day or so, just hard since its dark when I get home

Rob
sayhellotomylittlewoo

Post by sayhellotomylittlewoo »

I'd agree with the person who said to check the time belt again.With it being off a tooth could possibly make seem like its more powerful at high rpms,but at the same time could be damaging the engine.