engine X20sed

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nubira2001

engine X20sed

Post by nubira2001 »

Hi all great fourm,i am having a hard time to make my car run right.The story is i did a full service on the car ( tranmission flush, engine oil and filter, inhabitor and water, plugs, fuel and air filters, timing belt and tensioners ,serp belt, brake fluid flush an pads ,power stering flush,A/C filter park brake adjust,throtle body clean) .After that took it for a run and it runs great no lag on pedal ,choke idle up works but when it gets to operating temp it starts to stumble up and down in power as if you forgot to maybe put a plug wire on .It seen to be ok in the higher RPM but not shore yet .hope this info helps. I am looking towards a sensor fault.
Thank in advance Nick :(
MaXiMiZoR

Re: engine X20sed

Post by MaXiMiZoR »

Does the check-light on your dash come up? If yes, what faultcodes do you get with a codereader?
Daewoo Lanos 1.5i 2002
-Bosch Super 4 sparkplugs
-Shark Racing front strutbar
-Pipercross foam air filter
-Cold Air Intake MOD
-Grounding Kit
-Malpassi Rising Rate FPR
nubira2001

Post by nubira2001 »

no check engine light is on
MaXiMiZoR

Post by MaXiMiZoR »

In case it's a sensor fault, wouldn't it give a check engine light?

Since no light is on, could be a million other things...
Daewoo Lanos 1.5i 2002
-Cold Air Intake MOD
-Grounding Kit
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I've been chasing the same issue for a little while now on mine. I've changed out quite a few things trying to find it . what I want to try next, and you might do the same, is to swap out the barometric pressure sensor. it's a funny looking round sensor that's mounted to the chassis. I'll try to get a picture from mine. I can't seem to find one online.
nubira2001

Post by nubira2001 »

i think it is misfiring, now checking the plug wire resistance
MaXiMiZoR

Post by MaXiMiZoR »

gse_turbo wrote:I've been chasing the same issue for a little while now on mine. I've changed out quite a few things trying to find it . what I want to try next, and you might do the same, is to swap out the barometric pressure sensor. it's a funny looking round sensor that's mounted to the chassis. I'll try to get a picture from mine. I can't seem to find one online.
Is that the little sensor that is mounted to the chassis somewhere at the back of the airbox? I have a 1.5 SOHC and found a pressure sensor at that place... (didn't know what it was)
Daewoo Lanos 1.5i 2002
-Cold Air Intake MOD
-Grounding Kit
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Only thing i could think of is check the timing again, if the timing components are off by even one tooth it can mess things up... My 2.0L was Idling fine until it warmed up then it decided to start surging and be less responsive at low RPM... Turned out both intake and exhaust were off by just 1 tooth... fixing it fixed my problem.
a woo that is a work in progress
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

MaXiMiZoR wrote: Is that the little sensor that is mounted to the chassis somewhere at the back of the airbox? I have a 1.5 SOHC and found a pressure sensor at that place... (didn't know what it was)

the sensor that's mounted to the airbox is the air temp sensor, that can do funny things to the engines firing as well but not the one I'm thinking about.