Injectors flow rates

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

benzino
Expert

Re: Injectors flow rates

Post by benzino »

hey Mohamed,
I know you've only tried the injectors suitable for the 1.5 (obviously) but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a couple of things.

First, when I search for green tops, the only results I get are for the 2.5L BMW (too small, I don't think they are 190cc) and I can't find any for the 3.0L or 3.5L
I have found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
190cc high impedance (too high?) but they look different to other bosch injectors

or the other option is these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Mustang-F15 ... 27b985ba77

if you could help me out that would be great.

also, what is your source for the pictures you used? is there some for all bosch injectors?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Richieb

Post by Richieb »

I think the best way is to establish what the injectors were from factory, then cross match them on the site.

I have a link here to a site for Bosch ones.. http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

Dimensions are important to remember though. The fuel trim will adjust it only to a certain degree if the difference is only slight. Too much fuel, and you can see the header pipe glow red under the car... I been there!!

Guess work can cause damage if not too careful. Impedance can be quite important also. What is High, and what is low. 1.5 sohc is 12 ohms impedance, which could be classed as high, but they do one at 16.2 ohms, is this higher? 0.7ohms is lowest they do also, which is markedly lower than the 2.4 ohms we consider to be low. a 0.7 ohm may trigger a "Shorted to ground" on the injector fault codes, and could blow the driver for the injector electronics!!

Spray pattern is another factor to bear in mind. Some are a mist almost, and some spray like a garden hose pattern, which will effect combustion chamber dynamics.

Caution with just guessing is my advice, it could cost more than you would like!
Richieb

Post by Richieb »

Looks like 0280150996 posess the right flow and impedance, and looking here http://cn.oemol.com/oem/offerdetail/en_ ... ?keywords= seem to be correct dimensions too.

Spray pattern am not sure about though.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

you wouldn't be interested in some 200cc injectors would you richie?
cos if I got thouse mustang ones, I'd have 2 sets for the price of 1

also, the lada ones you suggest are way too low (138cc @ 3 Bar) I need at least 190cc
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

according to the injector website (above) the green tops (i.e. "190cc") are 160cc and the yellow tops (i.e. "214cc") are 200cc
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

benzino wrote:hey Mohamed,
First, when I search for green tops, the only results I get are for the 2.5L BMW (too small, I don't think they are 190cc)
i have used a set of green tops on a 2.0 nubira and they are working fine... those injectors are indeed out of a 2.5l 6 cyl. BMW engine, 190cc/min flow and high impedance

P/N 0280150415
and I can't find any for the 3.0L or 3.5L
the 3.0 and 3.5 BMW engine use the yellow top, 214cc/min injectors with P/N 0280150714
I have found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
190cc high impedance (too high?) but they look different to other bosch injectors
i found those to be rated 208.6 cc/min high impedance on the data sheet i have and they are noted as"for Citroen and Peugeot 4cyl 2.0l" indeed
those are rated 192 cc/min high impedance on the data sheet i have and they are noted as"for ford V8 4.6l"
if you could help me out that would be great.
it depends on the flow you are seeking... if it is for the 2.0 engine you just dropped then your stock flow is 200 cc/min so try to keep at it or a bit higher thus the Citroen/Peugeot are the most suitable in my opinion

all injectors mentioned above are within the range of 190 to 214 cc/min... i have provided P/Ns for the green and yellow top injectors to facilitate your search
also, what is your source for the pictures you used? is there some for all Bosch injectors?
i found them pics on a website selling injectors... all pics i use came out from Google image searches and when i find a good quality pic i open the website hosting the pic to find more of the good stuff.

i hope this was helpful enough... if you want more info just give me a buzz

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

but the thing is...

i've seen flow rating for the green ones as being 160cc or less a couple of times

so where do you get the 190cc rating for them?
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

do you reckon those citroen/peugeot injectors would fit? the top of them seems different to any other bosch i've seen
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

benzino wrote:but the thing is...

i've seen flow rating for the green ones as being 160cc or less a couple of times

don't rely on color only... i have seen in Bosch injectors different flow rates for same colors... always refer to P/N

i have a couple of excel sheets that have all Bosch injectors data... if you want i can send them to you

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

benzino wrote:do you reckon those citroen/peugeot injectors would fit? the top of them seems different to any other bosch i've seen
you are quite right man... after i got back to the pic of them Citroen injector they seem to have extra length in the colored area as well as the black area but the overall height looks as if it is the same... but surly we can't make such judgment through a pic so i wouldn't buy them unless i have 100% assurance of the fitment

MMamdouh
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

MMamdouh wrote:
benzino wrote:but the thing is...

don't rely on color only... i have seen in Bosch injectors different flow rates for same colors... always refer to P/N

i have a couple of excel sheets that have all Bosch injectors data... if you want i can send them to you

MMamdouh

yeah, I was searching by the p/n not colour

I have seen a couple of charts that back up the 190cc as well

I have also read that the stock x20xev injectors are 250cc!! how can a 2.0L engine cope with so much fuel? (but I've also read and cross-referenced part numbers anywhere between 204 and 250cc :lol: )

I like the citroen injectors because they are cheap for what they are... but they would be expensive if they didn't fit :oops:

I think I will get a Z20LET fuel rail with 3.3 bar FPR and some bosch injectors... It's just doing my head in trying to find the "perfect" ones for a good price.
Unlike in egypt, I can't just go down to the junkyard and get some because I would walk out with a very light wallet :lol:

I think either: p/n 0-280-150-428
or the BMW yellow tops
both around ~200cc
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

good luck with your choice and by all means keep us posted

MMamdouh