Engine Swap

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nakron

Engine Swap

Post by Nakron »

HEy all I was wondering if anyone has ever swaped their Daewoo E-Tech 16v 1.6l 4cyc Lanos engine? I know some have gone with a b-16 or what not. What will it take to mount a GS-R engine in a 2000 Lanos HB? My plans are to possibly run my friends civic's setup a GSR engine with a t3/t4 turbo which gives him 400hp with 350 to the wheels (belive it or not I've driven it ran it at track rode in it all that so I know).
What will it take to make a GSR engine work in a Daewoo? If anyone has any info on this please share it! The Civic with street tires ran 13s in 1/4 at 116mph which we all know that is an 11s car at 116mph he never ran with stickys (engine blew do to cam gear upgrade with bolt lose and a b---- gf pissing him off lol)
And has anyone heard anymore on a 05 Chevy Aveo turbo?
The Woo shall Rule!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If you were going to go so far as swaping a completely different engine you might as well consider other options such as an SR20DET or a Honda H23 (with an H22 Head ).

Anything is possible.... it's just that these other engines are far more expensive than the C20SED, C22SED, C20GET, C20LET swaps we've been talking about.

A C20LET swap will most definitly be cheaper than a swap of another import engine.... and 375hp at the wheels shouldn't be a problem.
rclements

Engine Codes

Post by rclements »

Where can I person cross ref the engine codes you are talking about?

If we were talking Corvettes I know most of the code, but the new engines I'm at a lost.

Also, what cars they came in?

Rob

P.S. If anyone needs drive space to put anything about swaps on the web le me know
Modfreak

Post by Modfreak »

C20LET = from an Vauxhall/Opel Cavallier or Calibra

I don't know what the prices are in america for these engine's
but in holland the want crazy money for it 2500 dollars :x
Straightaways are for fast cars. Corners are for FAST DRIVERS !
rclements

What about the trans

Post by rclements »

Would I also need the auto trans from the donor car and the computer?

Anything else?

Rob
rclements

So this is the correct one?

Post by rclements »

12499679 Ecotec 2.2L Production Engine
This 4 cylinder Crate Engine (RPO L61) has the following features:
DOHC with Sequential Fuel Injection
Bore is 86.00 mm and Stroke is 94.60 mm with 10:1 compression ratio
140 Horsepower @ 5600 RPM and 150 lb-ft @ 4000 RPM torque
This engine powers the current Saturn Ion, Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire and Grand Am, Oldsmobile Alero, and Chevrolet Malibu
This production engine includes: exhaust manifold, intake manifolds, injectors, fuel rail, balancer and water pump

Technical Notes: Pulley, belt, p/s pump, a/c pump, starter, alternator, and engine cover, are not included with this engine
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

this engine has been covered in the threads before and it is not one that will swap into the woo. this is the american ecotec, you need a opel ecotec engine
rclements

Anyone know where in the USA to get a engine

Post by rclements »

That we can swap into our cars?

1st need easy of getting parts

2nd more power
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Engine Codes

Post by PrecisionBoost »

rclements wrote:Where can I person cross ref the engine codes you are talking about?

If we were talking Corvettes I know most of the code, but the new engines I'm at a lost.

Also, what cars they came in?
Well.... the C20GET is an 8V 2.0L MPFI Turbo and has an RPO code of LT3
It can be found in 87-91 Sunbird GT Turbo and Pontiac Grand AM SE Turbo.

The C20LZ is a throttle body 2.0L ( 8V Naturally aspirated ) and it can be found in the Pontiac Lemans and Optima ( not sure of years.... around 1991-93 ???) and I also think it was available in some of the earlier Sunbirds.(not sure if this is true or not)

I'm pretty sure the 2.0L 8V MPFI found in Sunbirds/Grand Ams closer to 1990's were the C20LE

The RPO for the C20LZ or C20LE is LT2.... not sure which one it is.... I haven't done much research on these engines.... the LT3 is way more interesting.

I found a decent C20LET and F28 tranny for $4000 USD but it had to be shipped from Austrailia so it would have cost me a fortune.

I think shipping from the UK or Europe would cost less and these engines are more plentifull over there compared to Australia.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here is a decoder chart for various models....

This chart doesn't include "U" for ULEV in the first section of the code

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Modfreak wrote:I don't know what the prices are in america for these engine's but in holland the want crazy money for it 2500 dollars :x
I wouldn't consider $2500 that bad of a price considering you get a high output turbo engine with many forged parts and a cosworth racing head.

This engine doesn't need anything to become a high power honda eating monster.

Considering a new turbo kit can often cost as much as $2500 by itself and you can see that this isn't such a bad deal.

I think I had another guy in the UK quote me 1000 pounds for a C20LET with 100K miles on it which is not far off what that engine in Holland is going for.
rclements

What can us poor suckers in the USA do for a good engine

Post by rclements »

with out shipping a motor 1/2 way around the world.

I have friends in the UK and India, but not sure that would help me find a engine I could use that would also allow me to find parts easily in the USA

Rob
rclements

These will or will not work?

Post by rclements »

210 HP 2.3L Quad 4 16V D.O.H.C. H.O
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i think you need to read more about the c20 familly engines because you dont need to go around the world to find them.
rclements

where is a good place for this information?

Post by rclements »

where is a good place for this information?