A wee bit of a SCARE.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

A wee bit of a SCARE.

Post by BosnianLanos »

Well, there I am, driving, and I stop at a red light and, of course, my car can't go into idle. I pull over to the side, get out, pop the hood and notice that the engine is all jittery, I walk to the back to check the exhaust and notice that it's not coming out in one full stream but more like short, strong bursts....

Sorta like, PUFF>>>PUFF>>>PUFF...

I didn't know what to think first. My first thought was that I had created a short somewhere and screwed my ingintion coil (I was doing some speaker wiring). My next thought was that maybe my new intake had something to do with it. But then I got my head together and realized it was probably my spark plugs, they needed a changing. So I go to Advanced Auto Parts, and they basically insult my car, but I buy some NGK's anyway. So about an our ago, I go to change my plugs and I start pulling out the wires, 1 OK, 2 OK, 3, OK, 4 RIP. My damn wire basically ripped in half. The little connector was attached to the plug, but I was holding the wire and the cap separately. So, I start the car, and the same thing happened from the night before, meaning, one plug wasn't getting spark and I was running on only three cylinders. Relieved that it is a simple fix, I made a quick call to Magnecor for some new wires.

I don't know why I felt the need to say all this, but thanks for listening to my ranting.

BTW: If you guys want to know any part numbers or prices for Magnecor Wires for the Daewoo Lanos:

Electrosports-70 7mm cable, part number 47332 - $70.11
Electrosports-80 8mm cable, part number 40332 - $71.72
KV85 8.5mm cable, part number 45332 - $92.37
KV85 CN series 8.5mm cable, part number 43332 - $96.98
R-100 10mm cable, part number 49332 - $142.09
R-100 CN series 10mm cable, part number 46332 - $149.19

Relieved,
Damir.

By the way, for you guys with Magnecors, do they just ship the wire or the wire with the Leads, no matter either way, just wondering.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

EEEee they insulted your car?? are they the kind of onlymycarisgood guy?
Can't stand these kind of people. Just don'T go there anymore.

Mat 8)
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

CRAP :(

Well, the Magnecors came in today and it took me all of 15 seconds to get them from the box to the car, and guess what, they car still has issues.

&*#&$@^#*$(*#&!!!

The car is still jittery and the exhaust comes out all wierd (short fast bursts). Although less than before the new wires, it is still too trippy to drive.

Question: What the hell is it?

Not Spark Plugs.
Not Spark Plug Wires.

Could it be:

A bad ignition coil.
A bad ECU.
Bad wiring.
An electrical short.
That my car somehow skipped out of timing.

Anything else my newb ass can't recognize!!??

Please help guys, this is the worst thing to happen to my car in a long while.

Thanks in advance.

Damir.
nasser

Post by nasser »

Did you check the fuel pump???
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, I checked, couldn't be it, because the car runs just not the correct way. Fuel pump has been changed already.

I went to my mechanic friend and he said that it is either my coil or my compression is gone.

No way it is compression because that would mean even when I floor it I would barely move.

I have narrowed it down to my coil because in the exhaust you can smell gasoline, meaning one piston isn't getting spark to light the gas and all that gas is going through my exhaust valves. With the spark plugs fixed and brand new wires, I believe that is all that it is

However, I have learned not to jump to conclusions with this car!!!

Damir.
rclements

What was th final fix?

Post by rclements »

sounds like my car a little bit, what was the final fix?

Rob
rclements

What was th final fix?

Post by rclements »

sounds like my car a little bit, what was the final fix?

Rob
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ignition coil is f*cked!

Of course, it's a GM part. LOL

I took it to a mechanic and he just loosened the coil end of the spark plug wires and told me to run it. Then he took off the wires one by one to see if there were sparks. All lit except #2 cylinder's cap. So, final fix is the ignition coil.

Luckily its a fairly easy part to come by because it is on so many cars, however, it's pretty damn expensive.

Damir.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Now I need some help seeing which Ignition Coil can fit a Lanos:
After reasearch, I have found that the:

Lanos
Nubira
Leganza
Rodeo
Rodeo Sport
Amigo

All share the same Ignition Coil.
Yesterday, After "perusing" The Tampa Bay International Auto Show, I have found that the:

Suzuki Forenza
Suzuki Reno (USA Version of the Chevy Optra, Daewoo Lancetti)
Chevrolet Aveo

All have an ignition that look identical to mine, Then, after going on http://www.gm-car-parts.com I have found that the Aveo Ignition is a full $110 cheaper than the Lanos one...

That is BS.

The question to all you Daewoo/Aveo experts is do the Lanos and the new Aveo share the same ignition coil, because that would come a lot cheaper than my current option of buying a Daewoo one for $188.
Thanks all,

Damir.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote:Now I need some help seeing which Ignition Coil can fit a Lanos:
After reasearch, I have found that the:

Lanos
Nubira
Leganza
Rodeo
Rodeo Sport
Amigo

All share the same Ignition Coil.
Yesterday, After "perusing" The Tampa Bay International Auto Show, I have found that the:

Suzuki Forenza
Chevrolet Aveo

All have an ignition that look identical to mine, Then, after going on http://www.gm-car-parts.com I have found that the Aveo Ignition is a full $110 cheaper than the Lanos one...

That is BS.

The question to all you Daewoo/Aveo experts is do the Lanos and the new Aveo share the same ignition coil, because that would come a lot cheaper than my current option of buying a Daewoo one for $188.
Thanks all,

Damir.
Isnt the forenza the usa version of the optra?
rclements

New coil

Post by rclements »

I need to buy one I'm pretty sure, so does anyone know if one of these will work?

Suzuki Forenza
Chevrolet Aveo
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

just go to car-parts.com and you can get them for cheap... and yes the aveo is the same so is all the other cars with the opel/daewoo motors
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Excellent,

Thank you very much!

Damir.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Bad news, yet again, this is becoming repetative...

THE AVEO IGNITION COIL DOES NOT, REPEAT, DOES NOT FIT THE LANOS OR FOR THAT MATTER THE NUBIRA OR THE LEGANZA.

Part came in today from http://www.gm-car-parts.com and I went to put it on the car... the outward appearance of the thing looked exactly like my stock Lanos coil but one problem. The Aveo coil has 3 prongs for the wiring while the Lanos coil has 4. They are uncompatible. I suppose this brings some bad news. While GM kept the engine block of the Daewoo Lanos, I think they redesigned the wiring and accessories of the Aveo to be cheaper.

I recommend severe research before anyone decides to use Aveo parts on their Daewoo. Maybe almost all of it is different.

Don't worry guys, I'm not pissed, I'm just dissapointed that I have to use the Junkyard part now.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Damir.