Warm Engine Misfires/stutters

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Puddle31
Super

Warm Engine Misfires/stutters

Post by Puddle31 »

OK guys, you have helped me before, hopefully you can again. I have been getting codes for my Camshaft Position Sensor for a long time (P0341 and 0342) with no performance probems. For a couple of years there was no change in the way the car ran. In the past few months I started to get a miss when the engine warmed up, usually after it had been run more than 20 minutes or so. It happens when I am cruising mostly between 40-60 MPH, with no heavy load on the engine. Since I had not done a tune up, that was my first effort. I did the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter. There was no change. It only seems to miss after I drive the car for a while. I just ordered a new ignition coil thinking that might need replaced. I asked about the Camshaft position sensor and was told that there is also another unit inside the motor that could be bad? The car idles fine, runs smooth, starts fine. it just misses after it warms up and seems to do it for a little while, then goes away a little while, then comes back. it's one of those intermittent problems (the worse kind!). I read one of the other forums that discussed a similar problem and talked about vacuum leaks and a possible bad EGR valve? Have you guys heard of an issue like this? What do you recommend I do first (next)? I'm at the end of my limited troubleshooting efforts after the tune up. By the way, the P0341 code says CamshaftPosition Sensor A, Bank 1, CKt Range/Perf...........whatever that means! The P0342 says Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 1, Circuit Low Input. Thanks guys.
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Warm Engine Misfires/stutters

Post by wolfsreign »

first off, have you replaced the cam sensor? there is a known problem/recall on a few.
another thread, someone tried getting theirs replaced for free under the recall, but daewoo said no, b.c the numbers didnt match, he bought a new one, fixed the problem. my very firsttttt suggestion.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Puddle31
Super

Re: Warm Engine Misfires/stutters

Post by Puddle31 »

Thanks Wolf. I guess I'll do that next. Yes, I tried to get them to replace mine under the recall also as I was getting these codes from the day I got the car. They said mine had already been checked and/or the numbers on my sensor weren't in the range of the recall.... SURE it was checked???? What can you do? Is that the sensor that is under the cover on the left hand side of the motor (looking back), under that plastic guard that protects the timing belt? Is that a relatively easy fix? Can it be done without removing that whole guard? I seem to recall someone has done that job a few times and had wedged the cover back or something? I'll poke around on here and see what I can find. The only reason I didn't start with that was because my car had never had a tune up that I was aware of, and the fact I had gotten these codes periodically since I got it and had no apparent effect on the performance until the past month or so. I'll lgive it a shot. Thanks Wolf.