Fuel Filter Question/ Valve cover gasket succes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Puddle31
Super

Fuel Filter Question/ Valve cover gasket succes

Post by Puddle31 »

I located the thread with the instructions on changing the filter. http://daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2679

The problem is that none of the pictures are visible. i tried to open them but that didn't work either. also, I see the additional entry that has that special tool for the fuel line clips but i dont' see what connectors that will work on or what that tool would do. I have the new filter, located it on the firewall but I am afraid of damaging the fuel line and/or clips trying to take the old one out. this should be a pretty easy job, should it not? MMamdouth is there any way you can get those pictures back or someone can put in some new ones? You seemed to have the procedure well explained and diagramed?

The good news is that the other day I was able to do the valve cover gasket thanks to all the advice from on here. i was not surprised when I found the sparkplug wells with oil in them!? I knew what to do and all went well..... tune up complete! thanks for the help. the old one was so hard and brittle it broke as soon as it was touched. This site is the best thing to ever happen to my car.
MMamdouh

Re: Fuel Filter Question/ Valve cover gasket succes

Post by MMamdouh »

DAMN DAMN DAMN... another helpful topic ruined by the lack of pics

their are two ways to fix that:

1- i have to search for them pics again on my PC and upload them to photobucket and fix the bad links in those posts... this will be time and effort consuming as i am not sure if i do have backup of them pics or not and my Woo photo content is humongous

2- ask Efrain if he can retrieve the content of the photo album so i can get the pics back... this will be much eaiser for me but i am not sure how technicall feasable is that as i am not sure were did the content of the album go....

:( :( :( :( :( :(

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Puddle31
Super

Re: Fuel Filter Question/ Valve cover gasket succes

Post by Puddle31 »

thanks MMamdough.... I got it done. those posts with the pics though were great and were a big help. it's nice to read what you are doing but even better when you can see the pics and know you have it right. thanks for the help!