exhaust. . . again

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

exhaust. . . again

Post by kinkyllama »

Anyone happen to know what size the stock exhaust is on the suki forenza? I cant find anything to measure it.
thanks in advanced
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

probably between an inch and three quater or at most two inches, It would more than likely be an inch and three quater an inch and a half. Why do you ask, do you want to add a performance muffler without changing the pipe? If so, you can always use the same pipe and they (the muffler people) can weld in an adapter to go up from 1 1/2 " to 2"
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I have someone whos going to add a straight pipe where the resister is and a 2 1/4 muffler at the end
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

richardmatalon wrote:probably between an inch and three quater or at most two inches, It would more than likely be an inch and three quater an inch and a half. Why do you ask, do you want to add a performance muffler without changing the pipe? If so, you can always use the same pipe and they (the muffler people) can weld in an adapter to go up from 1 1/2 " to 2"
Where could i buy an adapter like this? just a hardware store? what material would be best? thanks
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

just go to checker auto parts store they got all the sizes you need
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

You do not need to worry about anything. Bring your car to the shop and your new muffler, they will weld it on by any means possible. Do not need to worry about any adapters or anything, let them do it, it's their job.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:You do not need to worry about anything. Bring your car to the shop and your new muffler, they will weld it on by any means possible. Do not need to worry about any adapters or anything, let them do it, it's their job.
Im not having a shop do it. My parents friend is a welder
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

you need to know what size the stock pipe is and then go to like adiscount auto or pepboys or something and tehy have muffler pipe there and adapters
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

i figured. . . but i dont have the time to go check it out if they dont.

thanks guys