Problem with my aveo speed limit!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

alex

Problem with my aveo speed limit!

Post by alex »

HI everyone!! Well my aveo is 1.6 16v e-tech engine. I got so far msd cables, intake system, 2" exhoust with magnaglow, header. I was racing last night with one of my friend's Volskwagen GTI. And boy it was a good race!! His car has all pullys set 10mm spark cables exhoust system and intake, short shifter. (my car is automatic to... for now...) And i stayed kissing his bumper. Then we had to stop. Then we raced again and when my e-tech kicked in i took a small lead till he catched me and passed me fast when i notice my car limited arround 95 and started gaining slow mph. Is there a speed limit sensor? Or some sensor i can remove? How can i make my car go higher than 85-95? My car's gouge says max is 120mph.... Plz help! and thanks for everything!
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Problem with my aveo speed limit!

Post by daewooluvr »

As far as I know there is no speed restrictor, unless you count lack of horsepower.

My first Lanos was able to top out at 125mph easily.

My second one barely makes it to 90mph.

Not sure why that is...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

e-tech aint like vtec either... e-tech doesnt kick in, lol

the lack of speed at the 90mph mark would just be a lack of high end torque, or your engine is just a crapper
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
WOLFMAN AK907

Post by WOLFMAN AK907 »

I believe that's just the automatic. You have little control over your rpms with an automatic. Idk what the max speed on aveo is, mine is also rated differently than yours. Mine's a 5-speed 09' and I've never topped it out, but I drove next to my friends 08' WRX and he said we were doing about 129...it still had a little room to go, but as for top speed I can't help. The roads are icy up here now, so I'm not willing to try now. :lol:
Aveo, Kalos, Gentra, G3, Wave, Swift, Barina and Lova owners check out http://www.aveonetwork.com/
Note:Register to view all the forums.^
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska