Very Slight Oil Leak

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

broken

Very Slight Oil Leak

Post by broken »

I hope you dont mind me using 1 of your pics Mmamdouh to point out my problem :) Ive noticed a very small oil leak and im trying to figure out where its coming from, its underneath the the metal housing that the DIS bolts onto... if you were to put your fingers between the 2nd and 3rd leads just below the arrow, there is the underside flat part of the metal housing (that DIS bolts onto) and thats where the oil seems to accumulate. Wonder if it could be coming from where DIS ignition coil retaing bolts , bolt onto the head.. just infront of the cam.. Thanks
PS. If I was to take off the Direct Ignition System (only 3 bolts) to have a look can anything drastic happen? or would it be ok? thanks again :)

MMamdouh

Re: Very Slight Oil Leak

Post by MMamdouh »

no problems man

remove the coil pack then remove the aluminum plate behind it and you will find a rubber seal... this seal is probably broken d oil is leaking from the head through the seal and out to the head behind the coil pack

get a new seal and use gasket maker silicon as well to prolong the life of the new seal

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
broken

Post by broken »

Thankyou Mmamhouh, you were spot on ....the rubber seal I took off was brittle and deformed... Bought new one from Local Holden dealer which sells daewoo parts here.... They usually twice the price of parts from elswehere but they always have them.. $7.00 for that seal. Not being a mechanic, you realy get satisfaction buying then fitting a part, also knowing it saved you heaps of money helps to. :)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Glad that i could help and you are trouble free now.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267