Radiator Cooling Fan

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Radiator Cooling Fan

Post by wolfsreign »

+1. any idea where to look up the codes? or are all the #'S the same.?
~wolf

alsoo. does this method show old codes?
(my cel went on while on the freeway (think its cyl 4 misfire like usualy, the spark jumps the boot) and its gone now, so im curious if it does..?)
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

how come i get no codes like it should be a good thing but im a bit concerned that my car wont flash not one.... i take it it works the same as other cars you jump the conector with a paper clip or... and the light in the dash will flash code sequences? i have rebuilt my topend new valves and tbelt job think i may have seen it for a split second once maye even didnt..............

another story my freind has a nubira 1 like myne only blue they both are SX varient.... mine has cloth on the door trims around the power window door handle switches. his does not in the dash his cell light ses SERVICE mine ses check with a engine icon surounding it why the differences they are both late 97 models and both SX sedans with all for windows powered! maybe mine was a demo model imported hehe the engine number on the block hiden by the head has 001 0001 001 or sumthin so i think it was the 1st block off the line maybe my car was the car to bring hope to daewoo so it was spiffed up a lil more to show the australian market... kool :D p.s same cloth patern on the seats of both cars door trims and cell light different also cup trays mine are the maccas cup type his are the can type...
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

wolfsreign wrote:+1. any idea where to look up the codes? or are all the #'S the same.?
~wolf

alsoo. does this method show old codes?
(my cel went on while on the freeway (think its cyl 4 misfire like usualy, the spark jumps the boot) and its gone now, so im curious if it does..?)
The paper clip method is only valid for ALDL protocol. If you have another shaped diag connector be carefull. My bet is that you have OBD2 protocol for your '00 Lanos in your location and than you need a code reader.

The "old" codes remains in memory for a certain amount of starting/driving sequences (I think 40) error free and if ECU's power supply was not disconnected.

You can find error codes in service manual. Sometime you have to read between lines. Look in our FAQ section.
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

yea, i have OBD2, but my bro has a el co and his is the first one, which i guess is ALDL? haha i call it OBD1.

i know it stays in there, but i mean would it show with this method? like say my bro has a cyl misfire and it throws a CEL and then it goes away, then he does this paper clip jump,
would it show the old code or not?

and i mean by the flashing. say if his flashes 43 for a cyl 3misfire, and then ur car flashes 43, does that you have a misfire 3cyl or is it different b.c the different car?
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

i know it stays in there, but i mean would it show with this method? like say my bro has a cyl misfire and it throws a CEL and then it goes away, then he does this paper clip jump,
would it show the old code or not?
It show all memorized code(s) even if CEL is OFF.
and i mean by the flashing. say if his flashes 43 for a cyl 3misfire, and then ur car flashes 43, does that you have a misfire 3cyl or is it different b.c the different car?
Different cars may have different CEL code meaning.
Ex: code 27 is "A/C pressure high" for Lanos and "Throttle switch open" for GM genric codes.

http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/

Hope it help,
Amr Lanos

Post by Amr Lanos »

Hi,,

Your problem is the CTS coolent Temp.Sensor but you may try an other relay to make sure that the original one isn't fault.