Espero Engine management light on ...help please

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mangizmo

Espero Engine management light on ...help please

Post by mangizmo »

We have a R reg Espero CDXi 2.0 Ltr auto in excellent condition...just MOTd again with only 60,000 on the clock (it belongs to my wife)
The Engine management light comes on after about 15 mins from first starting...it runs, but this causes the engine to run fast and use alot of fuel
Cant see anything wrong and it passed the emmissions test OK (assuming it was done properly)....any ideas?....do we need an Engine management unit replacing and if so...where can we get one ?
We really would like to repair this fault as the car has loads of life left in it and we really like the car which we have had from new
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

get the car scanned and see the error code... it will tell you what is wrong with the engine

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

flash out the error-code. the ECM is in the footwell of the co-driverside behinde a cover. there ist a 10-pin? connector, called ALDL...now you have to bridge the two pins of the lower row. ignition on and the checklight in the cockpit will flash... maybe in the forum you can find, how to count it....is the same like older nubira, lanos, nexia, leganza with no OBD2. maybe anyone can take it into words for me, because i´m not sure if my english is good enough to describe it.

tschau norman
mangizmo

Thanks for the replies folks

Post by mangizmo »

Very helpful...at least I now know where ECU is situated (thanks Norman)....I will try and find somebody that can check it out

Thanks again guys...any other comments very welcome
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

where are you at manqizmo? if you are in the states some of the big auto parts stores will do it for nothing.
mangizmo

Post by mangizmo »

Puddle31 wrote:where are you at manqizmo? if you are in the states some of the big auto parts stores will do it for nothing.
I am in the UK, but I am pleased to learn that these ECUs are a kind of industry standard right ?....so I should be able to get it checked out OK if that is the case
buddha102
Expert

Re: Espero Engine management light on ...help please

Post by buddha102 »

can some1 ban this motherfucker? :minigun: