Brake lights not coming on....

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

scarr
Junior

Brake lights not coming on....

Post by scarr »

I've had this problem for about a month now, didn't realize it at first. Then a friend asked me if I used my e-brake to slow down because he never saw my brake lights come on. I don't know what it could be. They come on if I stomp on the brake pedal but only if I do that. Is there a sensor on the pedal under the dash that might be going bad?
woo
Expert

Re: Brake lights not coming on....

Post by woo »

its happened to me twice, first it was the switch on the pedal, and the second time the wiring in the indicators wore through.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
BeaArthur

Post by BeaArthur »

Happened to me three weeks ago. It was around $10 for the part. If you look at the top of your brake pedal, you'll see a switch with a plunger attached. You have to twist it a bit for it to come out, as it has two tabs on opposite sides which keep it in place.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Check the switch with a multimeter for closed loop, when the switch is pressed. If OK, recheck with the switch installed. If not closing the circuit, you might have to bent the metal bracket the switch screws into a little bit. If OK, check the fuses and for burnt light bulbs 8)