I'm Back!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

giga_matt

I'm Back!!!

Post by giga_matt »

I'm Back after 2 years, some of you may remember me.

I sold my Lanos to a friend as i bought an Alfa and couldn't afford to keep them both.

Anyway, hes given it me back in a right state. All the hard work that went into getting it perfect is wasted.

I'm hoping to get it back into its usual condition (i.e removing dents in wings and paint taken off the bumper). and then hopefully give it my sister.

The biggest problem i have is that the engine is screwed after 30k! It starts but makes a loud ticking noise and has no power so i expect its running on 3 cylinders.

I took the spark plugs out only to find that they were covered in oil, or what i thought was oil as it was dark. Checked the oil and it was way Way! overfilled and i thought my mate had overfilled it and ruined the seals etc.

The other night my mate with a mechanics degree has a look with me and its not good. There was mayonaise type goo under the oil cap and when we checked the oil in the light its actually WATER! The spark plugs are soaking which is probably why they arnt sparking properly.

The head gaskets gone we expect :cry:

My mate is going to help me change it and i have already bought a new cam belt kit, bosch spark plugs and leads. I just need the head gasket and head bolts.

Does anyone know where the best place to get a complete set from?

Ive seen this on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-DAEWOO-1 ... 240%3A1318

But how do i find the engine code? is it on the engine itself?

Its a 2000 1.4 Lanos S if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Matt!
Signed By MATT!

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

welcome back bro

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267