C20XE OR U20SED??????

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nexia182
Expert

C20XE OR U20SED??????

Post by nexia182 »

guys i want to know the difference between the opel c20xe engine and the u20sed that comes in nubira?????? apparently its the same but im not sure...........
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

in the big picture, the only difference is the head and manifolds, really they are very different motors most of the dimentions are the same like bore and stroke and all the bearing dimentions but the two motors don't share one part.

the better motor is the C20XE for sure, it comes with a stronger crank, rods and pistons. it comes with higher compression and a better flowing head and exhaust manifold. the inlet manifolds are about the same, the T20SED or iron ecotec inlet manifold is actually made to increase torques, more so than the C20XE.

the blocks are really about equal, I like the iron ecotec main cap design more.

the same ARP rod bolts, head studs and flywheel bolt (T20 uses 6 the C20 uses 8) are used on the two and different main studs are used between the two.

there are no C20XE motors here in the states so most people just buy steel rods like the ones that would be used on the C20XE or they just buy used C20XE rods to put in their T20SED. the crank is also A LOT heavier in the T20SED than the C20XE. this can be fixed (here in the states) by using a C20GET (turbo 8v) crank which is like the C20XE or you can machine weight out of the T20SED crank.

with the right work a T20SED can be as good as a well worked C20XE, the T20 just takes quite a bit more work.
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

ok thank you, but what about the 16v head, c20 head is more efficient than t20sed?????

i want to buy one of those engines in order to run at 11s or may be 10s, so it doesnt matter the inlet or exhaust manifolds, i want to know abou the 16v head which one have more air flow!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
OPEL POWER
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Without a doubt the c20xe's head is far better designed performance ways.

Like the ecotec opel engines, the t20's head is more focused at fuel efficiency, therefore, it has smaller ports, restricting the airflow inside the head.
SAZ
---------------------
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

ok but working on it, could be very powerfull right?? almost like c20 16v head?????
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
OPEL POWER
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

When looking for a C20XE also keep in mind that there are two different heads..... one is manufactured by Cosworth and the other by Kolben Shmidt (might be spelled wrong )

The Cosworth "Coscast" is a far superior head.... lots of problems with porosity on the KS heads.... if you dig around on Migweb and search for the difference it will show how to sort out which one is which.

I also agree that the C20XE is a good start for a non turbo engine..... but if I were looking for a turbo engine I'd immediately go to a C20LET head
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

There's a difference between c20let and c20xe heads?

An easy way to identify Coscast, is underneath either exhaust port 2 or 3, there's a stamp on it that says coscast, whereas the GM, Kolben Shmidt heads, don't have that. And the GM one's are the ones prone to going porous. Apart from that, if you look at the distributor side of the engine, there's a v like groove in coscast heads, which GM head's dont, instead, GM heads have a huge GM stamp.
SAZ
---------------------