1998 nubira wont start after head change.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

broblack

1998 nubira wont start after head change.

Post by broblack »

hi guys.. im new to this forum. i just did a head change on my 98 nubira 1.6 because my old valves were bent due to broken belt so i got another identical head which was a recond of a lanos.20,000k old.. after changing the head and doing back the timing which is both marks point to each other and crank shaft is in line with the mark on timing cover. hooked up all the vac hoses and stuffs. checked for spark,fuel,pump sound is ther when switched on all good. but it will NOT start. it keeps cranking and cranking but no start. NO i did NOT inter change the camshafts. last time when car was good i noticed that thr techometer will flicker when i crank but now it does not. and now i have to crank for 15sec and the engine will slowly pick up speed and then with FULL throttle it will start. but when i switch it off i have to do it ALL over again.....now i have STUFFED my starter motor by doingthat!!. :x

where have i gone wrong?? it just 170k old. please help me guys.
Formalz

Re: 1998 nubira wont start after head change.

Post by Formalz »

I have a 2000 Daewoo Nubira and it has over 180,000 miles on the motor. I have been having the same problems ever since a bad mechanic did some work on the car and did not place the gaskets correctly it seems. I have noticed that after removing the spark plugs, I have oil in the combustion chamber which gets my spark plugs really dirty. I simply clean them up and put them back. I got some GNK G-Powers brand new in a box but wont change them yet. The spark plugs make a difference when cleaned, try it and see if that works for you. It also is worse when the engine is cold. Once it is warmed up it starts easier. Hope that helps.
chip18sw

Re: 1998 nubira wont start after head change.

Post by chip18sw »

Did this get resolved? If not maybe a bad cam position sensor? I think their was a recall on them.