Erfinder's Optra 5 ( Lacetti )

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Erfinder's Optra 5 ( Lacetti )

Post by PrecisionBoost »

GsiTurbo and just finished a prototype air intake for my car and we took a quick video with my digital camera.

It's hard to see and the sound isn't great but it's impressive in person.

The car pulls hard all the way from about 3500 to Redline....

when driven normally (as opposed to full throttle acceleration to redline in each gear) it sounds like normal.... very quiet... nothing noticeable.

Stamp on the throttle and it's a different story.... loud but cool.

Anyways enjoy the video....

http://www.daewootech.com/chris/Erfinder.avi
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

damn that sounds sweet as hell
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Did you make a SRI or CAI. Mine is SRI for now and it does not sound as deep at lower RPM.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

This particular beast was a long Cold air intake that went down behind the fog lights.

The intake was ice cold... it worked awesome.

It would have been far easier to stop near the engine mount but it would not have been an efficent design.

Each time I drive the car it seems stronger..... the open management system of this ECU has really started to kick in.

I didn't reset the ECU.... I just let it "learn" on it's own.

The current setup is with 87 Octane gasoline.... I would imagine 91 Octane would make more power.

My only problem is that during full throttle takeoffs I can't hear wheel spin..... the intake is fairly loud inside the car.

During regular driving with "economy" shifting the engine sounds exactly identical to stock....no extra sound from the intake.

Unfortunatly this new intake is making me drive the car harder... so my gas mileage is probably going to suffer a little.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

is 91 the best pump fuel you can get? i run my woo on 98 and it purrs like a kitten (i would like to say it also growls like a tiger, but i cant cause its stock)
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yup.... 91 is the highest level at almost all pumps here in Edmonton..... there is 94 in a few locations and racing fuel can also be purchased in special locations.