my NewZealand daewoo lanos 1.5ltr se

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kiwilanoso1

my NewZealand daewoo lanos 1.5ltr se

Post by kiwilanoso1 »

Hi there folks - this is some details and pics of my 98 1.5ltr 5peed daewoo lanos se.It has done over 204,000 kms now and I have had 123,000 kms of most
reliable happy motoring out of it since I puchased it in late december 2004
1.1.5ltr sohc 8 valve engine [a15sms engine I think]
2. ngk iridium spark plugs
3. bosch supersports conductive sparkplug leads
4. raizin pivot volt stabilizer [blue in colour]
5.fuelstar fuel combustion catalyst in fuel line after fuel filter
6. Morey;s power booster attached to engine fire wall[using engine vacuum-moreys upper cylinder lubricant is sucked
into the engine cleaning all 4 pistons,piston rings,& valves as the engine runs]
7. cold air kit
8. bmc high performance panel airfilter in standard airbox
9. custom 4 into 1 extractor exhaust manifold polished by procoat auckland
10.standard rear muffler
11.stainless steel exhaust tailpipe extension,oval in shape
12.vacuum lines in engine bay re-placed with blue silicone hoses-job done by speedtech motarsport
13.stm stickers on rear of both rear windows
14.front brake calipers & rear brake drums painted blue with septone brakecaliper& drum paint.
15.tsw magwheels with 205/40 wr17 tyres
16.35% tinted rear&side windows
17.gizzmo electronics cam fuel controller wired into ecu giving tunability of fuel/air ratios
18.sca racing pedals[clutch,brake & accelerator ]
19.sca all leather gray steering wheel cover
20.trisco tachometer [on top of dash]
21.pioneer mp3 player-cq-c3353w .
22.daewooclub.uk sticker on inside of rear window
23.partly de-badged

benzino
Expert

Re: my NewZealand daewoo lanos 1.5ltr se

Post by benzino »

you really need to change your rocker cover gasket!!! :lol:

looks good though
did you find the cam fuel controller made much of a difference?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
kiwilanoso1

Post by kiwilanoso1 »

Hi- thanks benzino for your response .Yeah I hope to fix the oil leak eventually.To be honest I have not found the camfc to have made that much
of a difference but have appreciated mostly that it gives constant accurate digital engine rpm display.
I was wondering how did you go about putting on your alloy gearshift shown on one of your posts?Before you swapped in the 2 litre engine into
your woo what engine did you have in it originaly?If you had the 1.5 or 1.6 litre engine in the car to begin with what modification was needed
to help with cooling with the bigger engine if at all? I hope I can hear from you soon- regards kiwilanos.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I actually bought the gear lever second hand already modified to take the alloy gear knob.
I believe to get the original knob off you have to heat it in boiling water and then try and pull it off.

Also, you lose the reverse gear lockout so you have to be careful until you get used to it.

My engine was originally the 1.5. I actually have no engine fans with the 2.0 as I missed one of the wires that turns them on. I haven't had any trouble with overheating and it's only been over the halfway mark once (stopped for roadworks on a 38 degree day and I just turned the engine off until traffic started moving again).

With your engine, what's the brass fitting on the rocker cover breather hose?
Also, if you're looking for a bit more responsiveness, people on here have gotten good results with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (fpr), and it would complement your intake and exhaust . Have a read through these: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=14070
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=14321

Also your setup with the morey's power booster is... interesting ;)
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
kiwilanoso1

Post by kiwilanoso1 »

about that brass fitting-the photo does not show that on underneath side there is another small brass attachment off it with a smaller elbow engine breather
hose attached to it that then connects to the rear side of the throttle body.speedtech motorsport simply re- created [with blue silicone hoses and brass fitting]
the original style oem factory breather hose system.oil /gases wanting to escape from engine has 2 paths to follow to get back to engine
1. straight thru main breather hose to just before trottle body
2.also thru smaller elbow breather hose and then into rear side of throttle body.
regards kiwilanos
kiwilanoso1

Post by kiwilanoso1 »

some further photos of my new zealand lanos 1.5ltr.Includes some closeup photos of my engine breather hose set up showing 2nd breather hose running off
the bottom of it,it then snakes around and feeds into rear of throttle body.I hAVE photos also of my new sca all leather steering wheel cover.