lanos full roll cage and c20get engine

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

lanos full roll cage and c20get engine

Post by greenbluewoo »

this is one insane lanos hope you like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrnght1HZI
2.0 engine swap in the works
Efratech
Admin

Re: lanos full roll cage and c20get engine

Post by Efratech »

Big cage! did you find racing vids of it?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

2.0 engine swap in the works
Robtek Racing

Post by Robtek Racing »

Hi,

I just joined, at Efrain's invitation. That's my Lanos! :-)

I switched out the c20get for a 94 Pontiac Sunbird engine, to meet Nascar's Sport-Compacte Regulation.

Only 3 race weekends under the belt in this car, and so far the results are good. I only need to find its full potential now. Ready for this weekend's race (in St Eustache) with some new adjustments.

...any idea how I could get Daewoo to sponsor me? ;-)

More videos to come... Thanks for watching!
One Lanos for racing. One Lanos to get to work. One Lanos for parts. I just need one more... just in case.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

nice car...
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

nice job :)
any power figures or times or weight?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Robtek Racing

Post by Robtek Racing »

To meet the regulation, i need to use an stock engine with less then 120 hp (swap allowed), and the weight of the car is set by the number of HPx23Pound per HP.
The engine i use have 110 hp and 124 pound of trq.
The weight of my lanos is 2430 pounds for now (100 pounds credit for every car who don't win 2 final in the same season)

For now, my lap time are 4/10 of a seconds slower then the leaders, but i need to find the good suspension set-up, and i think i will have to change my final drive ratio because i have 400 rpm to gain before the cutoff!

The engine is coming strait from the scrapyard... I'm sure i can win with my Lanos with the good set-up and a fresh engine...

(sory for my english ) my girlfriend are not here to help me! ;)
One Lanos for racing. One Lanos to get to work. One Lanos for parts. I just need one more... just in case.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Lanos uses an Opel / Vauxhall / Holden chassis so you can get fully adjustable race suspension from the UK or Europe.

The Astra MK2 / Kadett E were very active in most motor sport activities and there are a number of sites dedicated to high performance modifications.

The aftermarket across the pond in Europe/UK is nearly as strong as North Americas "honda aftermarket"
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

As far as final drive ratio, what redline are you running?

I would assume you are running the 2.0L 8V Sunbird C20LZ based upon the numbers you provided

It is possible to build the 2.0L to support a 8,000 RPM redline with minor upgrades ( rod bolts, stronger valve springs, forged followers ) and that would help you with total power as well as give you the range you require.

It's even possible to build for 10,000 to 12,000 RPM with this engine, but that gets expensive ( billet crank, forged internals )

You may want to look at the kent cams and piper cams as that will allow you to increase your power for your 8V so that it is closer to the maximum allowable horsepower.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Robtek Racing

Post by Robtek Racing »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I need to use a stock engine!! with stock computer too!!

Yes i use the C20LZ, and the cutoff is at 6400 rpm!

I only need to find 4/10 of a second per lap, and i'm sure i can find them in my suspension setup!

I will try new coils this weekend, and i will be able to know if i really need to change my final drive ratio... ( if i'm faster in the corner, i will be faster at the end of the stretch! ;)

for now, i use the differential gear of an cavalier Z24 (3.94/1) and the 3 gear of the sunbird (1.45/1).

(i use a 76mm isuzu tranny) and if i need more gear, i can use the 4.11/1 differential)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes I suppose a stock computer/engine would make things harder, the X20SE had 10:1 comp with 115hp 127lbft and it was available in some of the mid to late 90 Daewoo's and Opels/Vaux/Holden vehicles if your looking to push your engine power numbers a little closer to the limit at some point in the future.

Several of the Saab manual gearboxes are a direct fitment if your looking for other gearboxes to throw in.

I've not owned a single Isuzu gearbox, I have always stuck to the Getrag gearboxes ( 282/F16/D16/D20/F20/F28/M32)

When I was fooling with the C20GET's I remember looking into the Getrag 283 from the Lumina Z34, I don't know if it has a different ratio but if I remember correctly it was simply a "beefier" version of the 282.

The 283 was also used in the UK on several Rover vehicles, final drives were 3.737 ,3.947, 4.167, 4.412
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Robtek Racing

Post by Robtek Racing »

Thanks, I really appreciate the info!

But, to stay "legal" in Nascar Sports-Compacte, I need to use an engine that was sold in North America, that's why I'm using the C20LZ. And I have the advantage of running on OBD1 (less trouble! 02 codes and more...) ;) (legal computer too...)

Could you provide more info about the X20SE? Do you know if any North American vehicles came with that motor? :?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes, OBD1 is certainly easier, too bad you have to keep it stock as there is quite a bit that can be done to them.

When you say "north america" is that just Canada and USA?

If so, probably no chance you will find an X20SE, you might be able to find it in Mexico but I'm not entirely sure if the Chevrolet Omega A was offered there... I know it was available in Brazil but that doesn't help much.

The 2.0L and it's 2.2L/2.4L stroked variants did show up in Isuzu vehicles, even the new ones, The Isuzu DMAX uses a stroked 2.0L ( 2.4L SOHC ) rated at 123hp 153lbft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Rodeo_(pickup)

Unfortunately the north american version did not come with the 2.4L so again it's not much help to you.

They also made a C22SE ( 2.2L 8V ) but yet again it did not come to our shores.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Robtek Racing wrote:I will try new coils this weekend,
Did you find some coilovers that fit your lanos ?

Just you so you know the Astra Mk2 GTE came factory with rear disks and an anti-sway bar, it's a direct drop in for your lanos suspension... again it has to be brought in from UK/Europe but it's a nice upgrade over the factory Lanos suspension (if your allowed to do that )

Here is what it looks like.... http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sa ... -beam.html
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Robtek Racing

Post by Robtek Racing »

PrecisionBoost wrote:it's a nice upgrade over the factory Lanos suspension (if your allowed to do that )l
Unfortunately, it has to be sold / available in north america... I could use one on my everyday street Lanos, however :)

PrecisionBoost wrote:When you say "north america" is that just Canada and USA?l
I'll have to check if Mexico is still part of North America according to the regulation :lol: :lol:

PrecisionBoost wrote:Did you find some coilovers that fit your lanos ?
I adapted the Lanos to the coils :D (8" length x 2.5 internal diameter). In the rear I converted top plate (where the car sits on the coil) for a jack-screw pot. In front I have adjustable sleeves on my struts.

When I talk about "suspension setup", what I mean is spring rate. I'm trying to find the car's best balance... The initial setup was too soft, and i just got the new coils that i'll try out this coming weekend.
Last edited by Robtek Racing on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.