the new and (lotus) improved iron turbo ecotec

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

the new and (lotus) improved iron turbo ecotec

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm sure this post isn't very timely but i just realized that the Lotus Europa S is using the "new" Z20LER. It's very much like the Z20LET but with more hp and torque. i'll have to find my engine decoder to figure out what the "R" refers to. if anyone nows anything about this please alaborate.

http://www.rfmsports.com/OtherNews/Othe ... 61005.html

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I can't remember what the "R" stands for..... the "H" in LEH was the "High output".... I suppose they ran out of leters since LET and LEH were allready being used.

I can never remember.... I think the Aluminum one is the Z20LEH and the Z20LET and Z20LER are the iron block engines ( our engines )

Lotus has a long standing relationship with Opel since GM owned Lotus from 1986 to 1993.... then they sold it off to Bugatti who then turned around and sold it to a Malaysian group in 1996.

I posted an article on the Lotus testbench work on the 1.6L a while back.... so I wouldn't be surprized if they did some work on the LET/LER engines as well.

I'm sort of surprized they didn't go with a 1.6L turbo.... it's lighter and capable of running similar horsepower numbers.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
c02one

Post by c02one »

well remember that during the astra F they made a X20XEV and an X20XER. so maybe its the same thing as that
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ok.... the standard "VXR" type fuel rail is said to fit the following engines: Z20LEH, Z20LET, Z20LEL, Z20LER

So those are all iron block turbo motors.... I did some digging and it was the Z20NET which is the aluminum block turbo.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Z20LEH, Z20LET, Z20LEL, Z20LER

Post by gse_turbo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Ok.... the standard "VXR" type fuel rail is said to fit the following engines: Z20LEH, Z20LET, Z20LEL, Z20LER

So those are all iron block turbo motors.... I did some digging and it was the Z20NET which is the aluminum block turbo.
after posting "cometic gasket applications" i statred to looking up all the different motors opel/vaux puts in there cars i came accross these engine codes but i never found any year, make, model info. if you know what they came in you should help me out and post that.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9073

garrett