Strong Finish for Nicola Larini at Magny-Cours

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Dubious Driving Tactics Cost Chevrolet Yet Another Car

Nicola Larini scored Chevrolet Racing's best WTCC finish to date in the fourth race of the 2005 World Touring Car Championship in Magny-Cours, France. The Italian driver kept his head cool and stayed out of trouble to finish 13th in today's second race. Swiss driver, Alain Menu was less fortunate as dangerous driving by other drivers caused him to have the biggest accident of his career, while Rob Huff drove two intelligent races from 30th on the grid to 16th at the finish.

At the start of the first race all three Chevrolets got away cleanly, but halfway around the first lap Menu was involved in his biggest ever accident. "Some other driver kept pushing me until I spun and a third car drove straight into me when I was stranded sideways on the track," he said. "I didn't feel well at all after the crash, and stayed in the car for some five or six minutes but nobody bothered checking on me." Menu continued. Despite the massive impact, Menu even had to admit himself to the medical centre.

Eric Neve was equally puzzled by the events: "Today's races showed that we have to continue to improve our form. For the time being were stuck in the second half of the field, where the driving ethics are very poor. I'm hugely unimpressed by the driving standards of some of the drivers, certainly at this level, which is still a World Championship. Today has cost us a second car in two race weekends. Alain wasn't able to start in today's second race, physically as well as technically, which deprived us of a lot of valuable data for the Lacetti's further development. Fortunately, Nicola's and Rob's races showed us that we are working in the right direction and that a top ten finish might be closer than we initially expected."

Nicola Larini had the strongest race of any of the Chevrolets so far this season, finishing 13th after a race-long battle saw him gain several positions on the track. Yet he was equally appalled by the driving style of some of the drivers: "Some of these young drivers don't seem to realise that this is a World Championship, and that they should maybe adapt their style accordingly. On one occasion I did the whole finish straight in oversteer as someone kept bumping into me. Fortunately I had a very good second race, and I could really fight for position this time."

Rob Huff made up more places than anybody else today, starting 30th and finishing 16th in race two. "The car was much better than it was yesterday, much more stable under braking in the slow corners. At the start of the first race I just hung back and tried to stay out of trouble. I didn't want to get involved in any first lap incidents." Huff's tactics paid dividends as well in race two allowing him to score his personal best result this year.

Rounds 5 and 6 of the 2005 World Touring Car Championship take place in Silverstone, Great-Britain, on May 15th.

Both races and the warm up are broadcasted live on Eurosport.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

13th!

and wtf is with the guy having to take himself to the medical center? dont they have rescue or medics!??
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama