HARD WORK REWARDED BY THIRD CONSECUTIVE POINTS FINISH

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Alain Menu Scores In Second German Race

OSCHERSLEBEN, 28 August 2005 ? What had started as a rather tough weekend for the Chevrolet World Touring Car Championship team had a sort of happy ending when Alain Menu netted a single point in the second of the two Oschersleben races. The Swiss driver used his years of touring car experience to avoid incidents and accidents and ran a competitive second race to eighth. Team mates, Rob Huff and Nicola Larini suffered in the first race, but both made remarkable recoveries to 11th and 12th in the second.

Having qualified quickest Chevrolet, Alain Menu ran a competitive first race to 11 th, despite a last-corner incident. ?Zanardi made a move on Farfus and forced him to run wide. When Farfus came back on the track, I was already beside him, but he came back more than he should have and took my front left corner off.? Instead of finishing ninth, Menu had to settle for 11th, limping across the finish line. His second race, however, had a much happier end. ?I had a good second race,? Menu said. ?It was good to be in the fight with the other factory drivers, rather than having to race with the privateers as we often had to do in the beginning of the season.?

Rob Huff ran as high as 16 th in the first race, until he got hit from behind. ?It was a very difficult first race,? he said. ?The car was understeering everywhere and bouncing around a lot after I had been hit. After the race we discovered the rear roll bar was broken as result of the incident, which explained my 23 rd position.? In race two, Huff was far more competitive. ?I had a good clean start and made up at least six places in the first two corners when other drivers took each other off. The car was much better as well. After this morning?s warm up, we added some toe-in to the rear wheels, and took some out again for the second race. As a result the tyres were very good and consistent throughout the race, with a lot less understeer, allowing me to pick off the cars in front one by one.?

Nicola Larini lost his front splitter in the beginning of the first race, dropping him down the order to 17 th at the finish. In the second race, he was right up there with Menu. ?It makes a lot of difference to drive with or without a splitter,? he said. ?I had a good start and was clever enough to avoid the spinning cars in front of me. The car was very good in the middle part of the race, which was when I tried to pass Alain. But I was on the dirty side of the track and went off, and lost a place. After that the car was not as good as before so I can be happy to finish 11 th.?

The next races for the 2005 World Touring car Championship are on 18 th September at the Otodrom of Istanbul in Turkey.

OSCHERSLEBEN RACE 1 RESULTS

1 A Priaulx (BMW) 14 laps (51.338kms) in 22m05s714 (Average: 138.97kph)
2 R Rydell (SEAT) + 3s238
3 J M?ller (BMW) + 3s355
4 D M?ller (BMW) + 3s640
5 P Terting (SEAT) + 4s808
11 A Menu (Chevrolet) + 12s813
17 N Larini (Chevrolet) + 22s955
23 R Huff (Chevrolet) + 29s878

OSCHERSLEBEN RACE 2 RESULTS

1 A Zanardi (BMW) 14 laps (51.338kms) in 21m59s901 (Average: 139.58kph)
2 A Priaulx (BMW) + 0s232
3 J M?ller (BMW) + 0s524
4 J Gene (SEAT) + 1s527
5 A Farfus (Alfa Romeo) + 2s290
8 A Menu (Chevrolet) + 11s022
11 N Larini (Chevrolet) + 12s978
12 R Huff (Chevrolet) + 17s015

2005 WTCC DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1. D M?ller (BMW) 69 points
2. A Priaulx (BMW) 68
3. F Giovanardi(Alfa Romeo) 57
4. J M?ller (BMW) 45
5. G Tarquini (Alfa Romeo) 43
16ex. A Menu (Chevrolet) 4
18ex. R Huff (Chevrolet 3
20. N Larini (Chevrolet) 2

2005 WTCC MANUFACTURERS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1 BMW 193 points
2 Alfa Romeo 164
3 SEAT 136
4 Chevrolet 45
5 Ford 8

8)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph