WTCC, MAN OF THE WEEK: ALAIN MENU

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

WTCC, MAN OF THE WEEK: ALAIN MENU

Post by Efratech »

The FIA WTCC is heading to Mexico, its first trans-Atlantic event. Alain Menu is not new to racing in the Americas as last year he took part in the Argentine championship?s 200km race of Buenos Aires. It was his first outing as a Chevrolet driver. He and team-mate Cristian Ledesma finished a brilliant second in their Chevrolet Astra. What does Alain expect from the coming weekend?

How is Chevrolet developing this season?
?Everything is going according to schedule even though we began further behind than expected. We had more to do in order to be competitive than we had anticipated but things are moving in the right direction.?

What are your expectations of the races in Puebla?
?Seeing as it is a new track for everyone, the top cars should not have as much of an advantage as they have done previously so it is more likely to be an even playing field. The street circuit section should provide some extra special racing.?

Do you have a personal goal for the weekend?
?I am aiming to qualify in the top twelve. Then it should be possible for me to push through and get a top ten finish. We had a great test in the UK recently and I want to confirm that this improvement will make a difference on the race track.?

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph