New forum topic

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

New forum topic

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hi Guys I added an area called "Tech Specs" in the general info area

I use to reply to allmost every technical question but in my many years here I've found that the same information gets handed out time and time again.

So I rarely help people out these days, but it's mostly because I may have allready answered that very topic two or three times in the past and I don't feel like spending an hour to explain something when it will simply get lost in the new posts within a couple of weeks.

Unfortunatly the search engine doesn't work perfectly as it doesn't seem to pick out exactly the topic needed to solve a question.

As a result I've opened up this new area for information on specifications (most of which came from our album section)

I hope that things like the dimensions of connecting rods, weights, gear ratios and interesting technical articles will fall into this new topic.

Please keep your questions in another area so that the information can stay "pure" and not filled with 15 pages of questions about a topic.

Ideally these are to be facts about engines, transmissions, drivetrain and the vehicles themselves.

I've allready started to add a few things but I hope others will follow suit.

If you do have a question, simply post your question in another area (such as General Off- Topic or Engine/Intake/Exhaust ) and reference the technical article.

Again....... this are is for technical information only..... just the facts..... no questions..... or the area will be locked down so only moderators can post.

Thanks

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

good idea. you might want to make it so that if there is a bit of tech info, its posted in the genreal off topic section and a mod/admin has to move it to the tech section, kinda like the how to section.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

well.... for now we can keep it open and I will try to moderate it so that it's "just the facts"

A good example is the paint codes, there might be all kinds of people with paint codes from various daewoo vehicles of various ages.

If everyone is allowed to post them, then we can make a master list ( and most likely delete the single entries)

The goal is to pack as much info as possible into each topic so that it works as a good knowledge base for people wanting to know things like "what size are the valves in a 2.0L 16V? "
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Might want to enforce moderation... and allow us to actually moderate at that
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You can't moderate that area?

That's wierd.... I set it up like normal so you should have moderator rights.

I'm definitly going to keep an eye on that area, I'll probably be posting a few hundred entries many of them links to technical pages.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Nope, no moderation options
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

just fixed the mod problem
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph