Help us kill spam

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buddha102
Expert

Re: Help us kill spam

Post by buddha102 »

damn...what about when you want to create a new topic, you have to type letter + numbers to confirm eh?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

that will make it a PITA for new people that are legit and have a question. the forum needs another update, thats all. efrain is really busy, he will prolly get to it as soon as he can, i know its crappy but just dont click on the ones you can tell are spam, its usually pretty obvious

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mm_arg

Post by mm_arg »

I saw loads of spam today and proceeded as indicated (reply KILLSPAM ) but all of the messages seemed to be identic... Isn't it possible to block certain words or phrases in order to avoid those messages?
mm_arg

Post by mm_arg »

Dang... this is really anoying...
The forum rocks, I mean... it's great... I can tell that the people here are more than good and I only been here for a couple days...
But this spam issue is... oh man... it's really ... :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

If I can be of any help on something to relieve this Pain in the A... let me know!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Admin and moderators have been working on reducing spam for ages now, but spammers seem to be finding more ways of getting their spam posted in masses.

its a long hard battle.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
mm_arg

Post by mm_arg »

Is there a way to restrict the user registration or add a field unable to be used by bots?
That should really reduce the amount of spam we get everyday...

I work in front of a computer for almost 8 hours, and I work at home for another 2 to 6 hours at least, so I can tag the spam messages but I rather prefer my messages to be more oriented into contributions.

What comes into my mind is:
- user registering requiring approval
- bot-proof field for registering
- bot-proof field for posting (but this can be somehow annoying when you are a frequent poster)
- hire a hacker and destroy their motherf.... computers :gib:

I can't believe that there are people that spends time with those stupid activities (spamming)... Who will buy something just for the fact of being disturbed and overflown with idiotic publicity?

I rather wanna beat the sh=#$%# out of 'em than buying something from them.. :tfrag:
WOLFMAN AK907

Post by WOLFMAN AK907 »

Man, it seems like your spam here isn't quite as bad as we have it on aveoclub.net :lol:
Aveo, Kalos, Gentra, G3, Wave, Swift, Barina and Lova owners check out http://www.aveonetwork.com/
Note:Register to view all the forums.^
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
AbercrombieHawtie

Post by AbercrombieHawtie »

good idea! thanks
Kiss me and i'll see stars ...love me and i'll give them to you!
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

user
mm_arg wrote:...
What comes into my mind is:
- user registering requiring approval
- bot-proof field for registering
- bot-proof field for posting (but this can be somehow annoying when you are a frequent poster)
user registering is a good option and is only a radio box in the admin settings...

as for bot field all that need to be done is to active the capture setting
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

I don't know who/what "aa596825" or the "wwow" people/machines are but they are putting in random garbage into a bunch of topics?
snowcastle

Post by snowcastle »

That's a great idea by the moderator.....yes spamming has become a serious nonsense now a days!!
even i liked the idea approval by the moderator after the verification of the boot, then replies....it may be lengthy work but seems to be working!! :)
woo99SE

Post by woo99SE »

so how do I delete a threat I posted.

just yesterday I saw someone posting that code on my thread but then again I removed the content and ask for the thread to be deleted.
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

The "kill spam" is to bring the spam to the attention of the mederators. They are able to search "kill spam" and delete them. Precision Boost is pretty much the only one that can delete a spamming member but there are a few that can delete postings/topics (myself being one of them).