Had a scary crash... the aftermath

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

mmamdouh wrote:thanks for the advice man, i'll make sure you are sitting next to me at the next crash to give me instructions... you got life insurance... right?? :lmao:

actually the first oversteer might have been caused by too much foot brake, i tried to control it but i didn't have the engine braking into concedration so the car still have some oversteer even when i was on an opposit lock.

when i added more opposit lock i had no chance of using the throttle - and never thought of it either - as if i did so i would have rear ended the car i wanted to overtake in the first place.

i only used the brakes when it was all out of control... i was completly sideways and no other reaction could have helped, actually this is the moment when i panicked as i never have been in such setuation.

i had my fair share of oversteers, understeer, wheel locking underbraking and shit and i have survived them successfuly but at this particular situation i have made too many mistakes and that have should happened anyways.

just remebred that i had a brand new tire at the rear right tire and an almost bald tire on the other three... can a man be more supid than this??

BTW the alignment shop was busy as hell... got an appointment after 11 hours from now.

MMamdouh
oh
elhamy201

Post by elhamy201 »

u went to that shop in "masr el 2dima"

give me feed back :P
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i know what the spins are like i almost got the concrete wall in an enterance ramp but i was (really) lucky and didnt hit a thing, so dont feel bad about it we all do it! and im glad to hear that you are ok, and im also glad to hear that the woo will be ok
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i got my alignment finally... the guy told me that my tie rods are worn and i had to replace them first so i got them replaced and went back to him.

he adjusted the front tires and told me the rear was good... no problems whatsoever, i personally went down to see if their is any peoblems and it was all ok.

the problem is after a while i noticed that the car pulls to the left under braking... if i am going straigt on fixed speed the car is going perfictly on a straight line but if i brake hard and my speed was above some 60 Kms the car pulls to the left :evil:

what the hell can cause that? is it related to the alignment or is it something else?? i am starting to get fed up with this crap, every time i fix a thing another thing goes busted.

for all i know it is a brakes problem when the car pulls under braking but why right after the alignment i experianced this?? can a problem in the alignment cause such semptoms?? need your advice guys

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

elhamy201 wrote:u went to that shop in "masr el 2dima"

give me feed back :P
masr el 2dima?? the guy i want to is in Elmanyal... is that the one you are reffering to?

if it is then i can give you directions to the shop... if not then i don't know about that shop you are reffering to. the shop i went to is good, the car is now pointy like an arrow and they do suspension work as well plus they are so close to my spare parts shop in case you needed anything (i needed new tie rods... got them in 15 min.).

this guy is so famous that you have to book an appointment to get your car aligned... so many people recommended him including Zikas, if you wanna go give me a call and i will give you all the feedback you want.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

today i saw a wrecked Nubira on the same road i had the accedent but some 3 kms away from my location... the skid marks shows that the guy faced the very same setuation as mine... har left after a very fast straight... oversteered, flicked to the other side and went spinning... only this man was not so lucky as me as he hit the curb and a big lamp post.

the post hit the car right behind the B pillar and litrally twisted the car right from the middle... the driver was taken into an ambulance and i have no idea how bad is he injured... i hope he is OK.

this makes me think... does daewoo have that much of a soft suspension that the car goes out of control that easy on such situations?

and finally... drive carefully guys... don't wanna lose any of our fellow Woo owners.

MMamdouh
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

and thus... we all see why kenny has a wing :lol:

i do hope he's ok though. fwd cars suck bad when oversteer occurs, it's hard to correct without adequate power, and let's face it, the woo doesn't have enough that high in the rpm band (if you were going slow where the torque is, you wouldn't be out of control anyway) :roll:
MMamdouh

Re: Had a scary crash... the aftermath

Post by MMamdouh »

comment after gaining more driving experience during the past 6 years:

list of wrong things that i have done:

1- reckless driving shown in the aggressive entrance to the sharp corner in terms of entry speed
2- reckless driving shown in the attempting a dangerous overtake during sharp turn
3- braking while cornering
4- cornering while braking
5- inaccurate response to initial oversteer shown in neglecting the effect of lift off oversteer
6- panic shown in over correction in the attempt of controlling the oversteer

MMamdouh
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

u got pics of the car?

sucks dude, good thing ur alright. helpfully u learned from your mistakes ;)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nope... i got no pics

actually the car seemed perfectly normal except for the rear left wheel that seemed to have zero camber after the accident... that was due to a slightly bent axle

MMamdouh
snowcastle

Post by snowcastle »

I read the incident twice.....seemed like all the way you had luck that day cos your car finally after all such spin had hit sand bank..instead if there would be some hard substance you would not be here to post the situation.....hope for you to never face this again...good luck and drive safe!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yes indeed... actually when i was going sideways i expected to hit a lamp post that will cause severe injury or even might cost me my life... i swear this was the most scary moment in my life

MMamdouh