The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by Rodd1s »

They're not all that cheap to run over here, but I enjoyed driving my old Lanos more than any other car I've had since then and getting rid of my Lanos is still my biggest regret as far as my car history goes.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

I think these things are kind of like boats, and like the saying goes, "The 2 best days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys the boat, and the day he sells it!"
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Nah, they're better than boats.

I have no backing to this argument, just another post to keep the longest thread going.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

and while they certainly aren not cheap..... boats are more!!!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Nobody tried mariniser a Lanos to have the best of both worlds? :D
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/broadvie ... 1050561571

Matiz already done!
https://www.drive.net/r/daewoo/4035225266123989997/
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

HA! Maybe these things and boats are more alike than we first imagined.

Having seen that... I recon a Leganza would make for a nice boat, keep the front and side windows in place, but remove the roof and rear window. Move the petrol tank to the front and stick a V8 in the boot, directly powering a massive prop. Get rid of the wheels altogether and put it on a fibreglass hull. Luxury four-seater water cruiser.

How awesome would that be?!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Wow this forum is moving slowly after the demise of the original domain name...

...I'm just gonna keep posting stuff regardless. One day it'll be lively again.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Rodd1s wrote:Wow this forum is moving slowly after the demise of the original domain name...

...I'm just gonna keep posting stuff regardless. One day it'll be lively again.

That is true... I think alot of people have either moved on from Daewoos altogether, or have lost interest in the community aspect. And ofcourse it doesn't help that every other site on the internet points to the old domain name which appears as a legit site :|
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

There are a few other forums that seem to have a ripe following, i.e.: daewooclub.co.uk and lanosclub.com

the only problem with a lot of the people on daewooclub is that they are 'purists' - they don't believe in the modified way, which I can safely say is not how we like to do things in wootech land. For instance, last week I was reading one old article on there about someone wanting to lower their Nubira and wanting people's opinions on whether to go for 35mm or 40mm springs - then this one old timer jumps in saying something like "the manufacturers have spent thousands testing and perfecting the handling and comfort of the ride, why ruin it?"

People like that piss me off. On top of that, I doubt Daewoo as a manufacturer spent too much time and money on the rid eand handling when they were mostly re-using ready-to-go chassis' from GM.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Rodd1s wrote: "the manufacturers have spent thousands testing and perfecting the handling and comfort of the ride, why ruin it?"
:chain: :chain: :chain: :chain: :chain: :chain: :chain:

I don't want to put down the name of daewoo, but "purist" seems like an odd thing to say about a Daewoo owner.

Given we don't have Vauxhalls over here, my main interest in Daewoo was the fact that it was a rebranded Opel Chassis which allowed me to drop in any number of fun engines, gearboxes and performance accessories.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Rodd1s wrote:There are a few other forums that seem to have a ripe following, i.e.: daewooclub.co.uk and lanosclub.com
Speaking of UK, would you have any interest in sending Vauxhall parts over here?

I use to bring them in through another fellow on Migweb, but he has become greedy and wants too much money for such a simple job ( last time he added 200 GBP for the whole hour it took him to collect the part and ship it to me )

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

PrecisionBoost wrote:
Rodd1s wrote:There are a few other forums that seem to have a ripe following, i.e.: daewooclub.co.uk and lanosclub.com
Speaking of UK, would you have any interest in sending Vauxhall parts over here?

I use to bring them in through another fellow on Migweb, but he has become greedy and wants too much money for such a simple job ( last time he added 200 GBP for the whole hour it took him to collect the part and ship it to me )

Chris
I'd have to think about it... what kinda parts are you after? Smaller items would obviously be less of a problem (especially considering the extortionate cost of postage over here).
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

miss you all guys... glad to be back here again

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Vaux parts from the UK, cheap? where?

:D
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

glad you're back mmamdouh!!