The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Keep the longest thread ever going!!!!!
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Today I went to the shop... the car has like 10 pounds more of dirt hahaha
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Too bad your so far away, I have tons of parts I don't need anymore given the GSi is gone.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Or should I move to Canada instead!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Efrain A. wrote:Or should I move to Canada instead!
+1 lol
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Efrain A. wrote:Or should I move to Canada instead!
How about I move to DR instead !

Seriously, you would freeze your ass off if you came here, you would have to live in southern Ontario or you would be a frozen Efrainsicle.

This week my daughter had a soccer game, it was 8 degrees Celcius and 40 kph wind.

Being true Canadians, she was out there in shorts and a thin soccer jersey and we sat on the sidelines freezing our asses off for a whole hour.

I was actually looking at the island of St. Kitts and Nevis as you can gain "citizenship" through investment.

Give the government a couple hundred thousand ( or more depending on what you want ) and wham bam thank you madam, you are a certified resident of St. Kitts and can apply for a passport.

Sometimes I get tired of this cold ass place.

Ontario is warmer, but it still sucks in the winter

British Columbia is nice on the coast, the weather in the winter is reasonable, but the sun rarely shines and the coastal waters keep it from getting warmer than about 25 deg Celcius in the summer.

At least up here in good old Edmonton, Alberta the sun is out most days, and the sun doesn't go down until nearly 11pm in the summer, so it makes it nice for cruising around in cars.

I do however miss looking at the stars in the summer, you have to wait until midnight before they are nice and bright.

I use to set up a camp fire and tune into my favorite radio, sit back and drink until 2am just so that I could enjoy looking at the constellations.

About the only really "good" thing about Alberta is that we have a hell of an economy, oil is still booming despite the world problems.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Too bad your so far away, I have tons of parts I don't need anymore given the GSi is gone.
I'm not quite as far away, and I would definitely be interested in some spare parts ... I currently have my Lemans GSE, an '01 Lanos Sport, and a base-model '99 Lanos. Oh, and my turbo Sunbird. What kind of parts have you got?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I will be honest, I don't know what I have anymore, it fills a 24 X 30 ft garage at the moment as I have just lost my storage space when I sold our second manufacturing facility last week ( I had about 3000sqft for car parts )

I have lemans parts ( taken apart 2 or 3 )

I have sunbird parts ( took apart one 87 Sunbird GT )

I have lanos parts ( 2002 Lanos sedan )

I also bought a damaged Leganza a few years ago, so I have some parts from that car as well.

I have engines from Lemans GSE, Sunbird GT, Optra, Nubira, Leganza

Tons of aftermarket parts as well.

From what I gather, your in NW USA.

My uncle lives in Kirkland, we may drop by there this summer if I get some time ( perhaps go down through Spokane )

Needless to say, it's impossible to state what I have, but if you have a request for something specific I can dig around
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Move to DR and bring all that!

Lets build some race cars :D

We're toasting from the heat but I guess you would love that hahaha, race track is just less than an hour from the city with an open trailer!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Stay home
It's Image
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

ya but you get to play hockey whenever you want! That sounds like a dream place to me
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

I live about 20 miles from Kirkland ... small world, huh?

Well, anything you have that'd be beneficial for my C20GET Lemans project, I'd be interested in it. I'm currently saving for a Quaife ATB differential for the F16, but that's about the only missing bit, I think. Got the engine, the motor mount, ECU, higher pressure fuel pump, clutch setup for the Lemans flywheel (courtesy of Gse_turbo) . . . Can't really think of much else. If there's any other parts/mods you'd recommend for this swap, let me know - I'd be interested in what you have.

Might be interested in some parts to build up a high RPM N/A 2.0 L engine for my Lanos ...

I'll let you know if i think of anything more ... Thanks!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

In the spirit of keeping the longest thread ever going forever I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my return to Daewoo ownership.

It is a Lanos (2001 model) in dark green, 3 door hatchback with 1.3 engine (again) with about 60,000 miles on it.

I have yet to take delivery of said vehicle, which I'll be going to collect this Saturday morning, and with it I'll be starting a new members car post :-)

In other news, got married a little over 4 weeks ago. Went on honeymoon, spent most of our saved up money (the money I'd saved for buying a Lanos). This purchase was actually an impulsive action from my dad - with my new job I'm having to travel further to work and have been getting lifts with people - I wasn't planning on buying a car until I'd saved up money again, but as soon as he caught wind of the situation he banged in a bid on this one on ebay and happened to win it.

More coming soon...
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

...and, forgot to mention...

We have also bought a 2007 Astra H 1.6 3 door hatch, which my wife has absolutely fallen in love with.

More GM goodness.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

well, congratulations (or condolences, whichever applies) on both!! Welcome back into the Daewoo fold! Hopefully you will get many cheap miles out of this one too.