The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by Rodd1s »

It's starting to look like I'm having a conversation with myself here...

Got a question for the moderators/admin - is there an option to 'activate' or allow use of the forum through Tapatalk (mobile app for forums, etc) just to make it a bit easier to use while away from a PC.

Edit: woohoo! Page 475 is mine!
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi,
I still sometimes come sniff what is happening here but I'm afraid that this forum has plunged under its "critical mass". Maybe only by lack of Daewoo owners. Remember that latest Daewoo cars were produced ten years ago! Then rebadged "Chevrolet" for a time. It was the beginning of the end. :|

All the best for you in 2015.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

It's so sad that this forum is experiencing this demise.

I'm going to remain active for as long as possible and I'm still going to keep posting throughout my current turbo build.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

never say die!!!! we will not surrender! As long as my Woo keeps trucking along, i will be here. My car would not even be on the road without the good people from here. I would have suffered a major and permanent malfunction years ago. Moving over 133K miles now, leaking like a seive, but still trucking along. I love my car
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

oh, and of course thanks to the people that keep this thing id alive, even if it is at a slow idle.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

There's a turbo'd Matiz on HMT: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forced-ind ... ks-120820/

I've got a soft spot for a Matiz, especially a turbocharged one. Strangely, here in the UK the Matiz's hold their value better than any other Daewoo.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Rodd1s wrote:It's starting to look like I'm having a conversation with myself here...

Got a question for the moderators/admin - is there an option to 'activate' or allow use of the forum through Tapatalk (mobile app for forums, etc) just to make it a bit easier to use while away from a PC.

Edit: woohoo! Page 475 is mine!

Not sure, I have never used taptalk, not sure what is involved to tell you the truth
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Puddle31 wrote:oh, and of course thanks to the people that keep this thing id alive, even if it is at a slow idle.

I haven't seen a lanos locally for a few years, I think my lanos and the lanos owned by gsiturbo might be the last ones around. Very rarely do I see a nubira or leganza either and the number of lacetti based cars are also dropping heavily.

In the end I think the timing belts are to blame along with the loss of dealerships.

People don't know where to service The cars and they drive them until the timing belt pops or they are royally screwed over by service shops that charge massive amounts for the timing belt replacement
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

ya I agree. I am dreading my next timing belt job. I know they are going to rock me. I had not seen a Lanos around for a couple of years until a few weeks ago. I thought I saw one in traffic and finally caught up to them as they turned off a well traveled road. It was the exact same model, year and color as mine. That makes 2 I have seen in the past 8 years. I'm still nursing mine along, always dreading the next emissions inspection fto get the required registration.
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

I still have my silver Lanos S commuter - runs like a champ! My red Sport Lanos is dead in the water for now - timing belt stripped some teeth, but it'll get the C20GET engine from my Sunbird, and the gearbox from my Lemans (that removable access panel for the clutch is nice!). After I'm done, I'll have a very quick, reliable Sport Lanos to drive around and make guys in Honda Civics scratch their heads. I love being that different guy with a Daewoo! I never would have even bought a Lanos if it wasn't for this forum, but I'm so glad I did. I'll be around here for awhile - this is a great community, even if it has shrunk!

As far as service goes, I've never been screwed over that bad by any shops - you just have to go in there and know what you're talking about, and be assertive, and they won't dick you around!
LeoTheLion89

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

I live in MN specifically in Rochester MN, There are plenty of Lanos' chuggin around town. I just saw one yesterday. However it seems to be the hatchbacks that are around i hav enot seen a Lanos sedan in YEARS. I have a hunch I am the only one with a 2001 Sedan in all of Rochester maybe all of MN. I on rarer occasions see some Leganza's or Nubiras around but it seems its the Lanos that keeps chuggin. I will never get rid of my Lanos. I LOVE my Lanos. Even after 15 years the timing belt is in PERFECT shape.
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS
LeoTheLion89

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

Davinci_360 wrote: As far as service goes, I've never been screwed over that bad by any shops - you just have to go in there and know what you're talking about, and be assertive, and they won't dick you around!
EXACTLY! The shop I took mine to for the brakes to be fixed seemed to know ALOT about Daewoo and said the Lanos is the same thing as an Aveo. I didn't hear "it's a Daewoo" or "I Cannot get parts". The shop it took it to previously have me that line of shit. After $1000 with the problem NOT fixed I have decided I will never goto THAT shop again so I took it to this one. I will hopefully take it back later on to fix the Cam Sensor and Exhaust leak.
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Lanos shares parts with lots of other GM/OPEL cars, parts should not be all that hard to come by.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

BUMP.... sad that it's been three months without a single conversation...
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote:BUMP.... sad that it's been three months without a single conversation...
Serious ghost town here.. :(
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit