Turns out Daewoos can run on diesel or kerosine, too

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Turns out Daewoos can run on diesel or kerosine, too

Post by Rodd1s »

Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Daniel
Expert

Re: Turns out Daewoos can run on diesel or kerosine, too

Post by Daniel »

Don't know nor understand what he presents out from the yellow box at 0:13".
Can you explain?

Thks.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

running on that other stuff has to void the warranty!!! No way you could pass emissions tests over here.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Haha pretty entertaining video ..
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Puddle31 wrote:running on that other stuff has to void the warranty!!! No way you could pass emissions tests over here.
Find me a Daewoo with a warranty still in effect lol

If you were to do said conversion properly here in the UK and have it re-registered as running on alternative fuel it would actually be able to bypass emissions tests (same as if you were to swap the petrol motor for a diesel lump)
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

yes Rod, I was joking about the warranty thing. I think the one I am driving was out of warranty when she left the lot. I think the company was already bankrupt!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Such a shame really. I watched an old documentary about when Daewoo was first introduced here in the UK and they heavily targeted fleet buyers (i.e.: companies needing a dozen cars for business travellers) with very good feedback. At the time they were the only manufacturer offering any sort of warranty or service plan, more specifically, 3 year warranties with 3 years' free servicing all-in. Something which even Ford and Vauxhall weren't offering. Not to mention the fact that at similar price points, Daewoos were better equipped than equivalent rival car makes.

It was only when car makers around the UK started boycotting Daewoo by threatening to pull out of car shows and other sponsorings that they started to fall. All because car makers didn't want to forfeit a little profit to ensure that their buyers were happy, which was the one thing Daewoo, apparently, managed best.