I would really like to know...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

I would really like to know...

Post by Rodd1s »

...how people get their Lanos' this low? I mean what suspension combinations/setups are they using?

Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: I would really like to know...

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Lanos and Astra MK2 share the identical suspension, so it's pretty easy to find lowering springs and other suspension parts.

Given your from the UK I have to assume you have seen your fair share of dropped Vauxhalls.

My old car ( GsiTurbo ) was low enough that I damaged the gearbox pan, so I actually raised it an inch to give enough space for when I bottom out the car when "having fun"
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: I would really like to know...

Post by Rodd1s »

PrecisionBoost wrote:The Lanos and Astra MK2 share the identical suspension, so it's pretty easy to find lowering springs and other suspension parts.

Everyone says that, but have you actually compared a complete Lanos strut with a complete Astra E strut? (or even just the springs) I have and they're not identical. To make the springs fit would actually require chopping of the bottom coil as the older Astra/Kadett struts have smaller spring retainers.

I had this problem with my first Lanos - I bought a set of MK2 GTE Bilstein 40mm springs from a friend, thinking they'll be a straight swap and they weren't. The rears obviously were a straight swap, but the guy who was fitting the springs weren't to happy about the idea of chopping the spring to make it fit.

Same goes for Astra F suspension, the bottom coil is slightly smaller than the rest.

I suppose that way a decent drop is surely guaranteed.

F*ck it. I might just do it that, because I know of a pair of 40mm Astra F front springs going cheap....
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.