Such low forum activity!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Such low forum activity!

Post by Rodd1s »

Hi guys!
I thought daewootech was lost forever, literally just got an email from PB about the name change.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Rodd1s wrote:Hi guys!
I thought daewootech was lost forever, literally just got an email from PB about the name change.
Sweet! looks like those emails worked.. welcome back!
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote: Perhaps you might not like me for saying this, but everyone should thank Efrain for taking the time ( and money ) to set everything up on the new domain as he could have simply quit and let the site die when Daewootech.com was hijacked.
This is a completely reasonable statement and I can't see why anyone would disagree. Many thanks to efrain and you over the years for keeping this place alive.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

I just discovered this, a problem is that the mail server of the hosting doesnt allow to send more 150 emails per hour, more than that and its a reject.

So is a pain in the ass, What I will try to do (over the weekend) is to get the email list directly from the database and look for a provider for a mass email.

Daewootech has been big part of my life for and losing the name as been very hard for me, too bad I reacted kinda late with the new name.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Too happy you didn't gived up! Thanks Efrain, thanks a lot.
Long life to http://www.daewootechforum.com

Thanks,
Last edited by Daniel on Wed May 21, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

Efrain you are the man!!! I too thought the forum was gone forever. I used to check this thign all the time at the old site. I thought it was gone until I got the e-mail about the new address. I had even done a few searches for Daewo things and the new site didnt' come up. I was afraid it was over!! This site is the only thing keeping my Woo on the road. Glad you took the effort. thanks Efrain!!!
7-even

Post by 7-even »

Thanks Efrain! This site has helped me a lot over the years, so much info. It's been a huge part of me being able to get the parts for my build together. precisionboost was also a huge help. Sorry you lost the domain. It's good to see precisionboost posting again and helping to get things going. So thank you both! Now that there's a few people checking in ill be able to send people over from www.suzuki-forums.com who have questions we can't answer over there lol
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

exist3nce wrote:
Rodd1s wrote:Hi guys!
Sweet! looks like those emails worked.. welcome back!
well, 2 out of 7 guys i emailed isn't bad, I would not be surprised to see a couple more drop by, but it is entirely possible my emails may get sent to spam folder.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Efrain A. wrote:I just discovered this, a problem is that the mail server of the hosting doesnt allow to send more 150 emails per hour, more than that and its a reject.

So is a pain in the ass, What I will try to do (over the weekend) is to get the email list directly from the database and look for a provider for a mass email.

Daewootech has been big part of my life for and losing the name as been very hard for me, too bad I reacted kinda late with the new name.

thanks for the info on the email, that means only the first 150 emails sent in a mass email will go out before an error.

so that means only 150 out of 4000 received the mass email.

Seems harder and harder to send out large number of emails at once, spam is a problem for the whole world.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

Perhaps but hopefully that technology will keep the spam from hitting these boards lightening your load too. it is certainly a double edged sword. thanks again for doing all the dirty work to keep this board up and running. I feel like we have reunited the family again!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

So now that I know the limit for number of emails at one time, I have sent out an email to all users that were active after August 2013 and have made one or more posts during that timeframe.

Here is the list, if anyone sees someone that they would like me to email ( missing from the list due to last activity date ) please let me know and I will send out an email

simon609zp
Big P
jimmyc
SinDromX
yasser
ant0ny
jidasas
IvanCZ
wolfhound
Big Pat
NubiraDellwoo
Raor.90
XJCasper
sheepdizildawg
Davinci_360
broken
Puddle31
OLEGator
Trey05Woo
valdemarpr
Red_LaNOS
mohmedhat
Lanos01
dixy
djakic
sjdollisson
cldcld
Mzspd6
clintonict
ddunk80
LordMMX
pulsardet
Shadowdragon006
jd daewoo
el_bichito
turboetec
LeganzaDOHC
garridob
pr190771
ElGabo
modo132
modz91
isadora33
sully
matt_vaughan
Homer
NubiraTurbo
khoobear
revken
Rick-Manta
Mr.Psycho
KYL33x
kendracortez21
trentlane87
liquidkudzu
Nathan
Daewhat?
himmer
chevyoptraguy
Br0ck
pinkfloyd1979
tstilley
kle69
ashleyco
tearshade
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
turboetec

Post by turboetec »

Good to see that this forum is still up! Yay!
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

Awesome news! I thought the forum was gone. So glad it's up and running! Thanks, Efrain!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Its good that ppl were notified about the new forum address... but its now so dead here again... I'm guessing alot of people have moved on from the Woo world...