Such low forum activity!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Such low forum activity!

Post by Daniel »

Hi all,

Does nobody has Daewoo anymore?
Or they are too reliable?

Or maybe other members like me had forgotten the transition to the new server http://www.daewootech.efrainarias.com/forum and received the message "daewootech domain name for sale"?

Maybe a email reminder to members?

Read you soon.
benzino
Expert

Re: Such low forum activity!

Post by benzino »

Mine's been saying 404 not found for the last couple of days... I just remembered this server...
I didn't think this was a new one as we've had to go it in the past
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Yes you're right. It's not so recent.
So what? Is http://www.daewootech.com dead?
Efratech
Admin

Re: Such low forum activity

Post by Efratech »

Hi,

I have an issue with the domain name holder, years ago I knew nothing and another person made the registration of the domain. Is a long story.

For now http://daewootechforum.com is the domain name.

Sorry for everthing,

Efra.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi Efrain,

No problem. I was just confused with the banner "domain name for sale" or the like.
http://daewootechforum.com/ is again in my favorites.

Thanks to you.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Personally I think it should be known what is going on.

Efrain did not hold the title for the original domain registration.

Over the years there have been attempts to get the domain name back into the control of Efrain ( or myself ) but the person who has controlled ownership over the years has refused to give it up.

Originally last year he was talking a few thousand, or he threatened to monetize the site via advertisements.

I was very clear with him that he has no right to the forum content, he may have control over the domain name, but he does not own the forum or any of the value in it.

The site was coming up for renewal, now he wants $5000 for the domain name.

In the end, it is likely he will try to suck money out of the original daewootech.com domain name, since many of the search engines will still point to the old domain, which he has made to look similar to this forum.

Sorry I was unable to work anything out with him, he is completely unreasonable.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Thank you for clarifying the situation. I note that it is no more possible now to login or register on the old domain name, that's fine. 8)
The content, however, may still be consulted.

Daniel
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Ahhhhhhhh so thats what happened..... this is the first time I've been able to get back to the real forum since mid august lol
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

There's nobody here anymore!!! Damn that other bastard for stealing the domain name.... can someone do some SEO to make google direct here instead?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
7-even

Post by 7-even »

its good to know what happened, and im happy i found the new site thanks to exist3nce. the other guys obviously a d!@k.if you need to change domain names again how will we find out? or is this where the sites going to be from now on?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

exist3nce wrote:There's nobody here anymore!!! Damn that other bastard for stealing the domain name.... can someone do some SEO to make google direct here instead?
What's SEO friend?
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Daniel wrote:
exist3nce wrote:There's nobody here anymore!!! Damn that other bastard for stealing the domain name.... can someone do some SEO to make google direct here instead?
What's SEO friend?
Basically making people find this site instead of the old daewootech when they search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

exist3nce wrote:
Daniel wrote:
What's SEO friend?
Basically making people find this site instead of the old daewootech when they search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
Thanks,
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Wow this forum has pretty much ZERO activity since the name change.... I think most people have given up hope since they don't realize what has happened.
7-even

Post by 7-even »

Yeah. It's to bad this is such a great forum.